PDA

View Full Version : Another Party disappearing button problem?

AAmaz0n
05-10-2004, 02:03 PM
I've read about a number of people having problems with Party poker buttons disappearing and being unable to act after playing about 20 to 30 min., but have never had that problem.

During the recent PPM semi on Thur, however, I did have the buttons disappear for several hands and my timer came close to timing out before they finally appeared and allowed me to act on the hand. I finally closed the Party software and reopened it and nominal operation was restored. I did not restart the machine or my internet connection.

I've been playing on Party, at least with this particular PC for about a year. It's an E machines T2245 ( Specs here (http://www.emachines.com/support/support_info.html?prodName=T2245) ) that has not been modified in any way.

What was different in this PPM tourney from any other time that I've been on Party was that I was at the same table for longer than usual. According to my records on Poker Tracker, although it is common for me to have sessions on Party for 6 to 8 hours or more, I had never sat at the same table for more than 3 hours.

In this tourney, I was moved into table 2 early on and remained there the whole time, probably around 4 hours or more. I haven't done a hand for hand search to find the disconnected hand (I was in the blind with garbage when I restarted so thankfully I didn't miss much.), but it seemed like it was more than 3 hours into sitting at the table.

Since this is the only time that I've ever experienced the infamous Party "buttons problem" and also the only time that I've been at a table for longer than 3 hours, I'm hoping that this might provide a clue for those working the problem in some way and that this information is somewhat helpful.

Shauna

BradleyT
05-10-2004, 02:16 PM
It happened to me in a Sit n Go which definately didn't take 3 hours.

In fact I was in two SnGs at the same time. Down to 3 players on one (this is when timer started at 10 seconds immediately instead of 20 or whatever it normally does) and still at 9 players on the other (this tables timer/button worked fine). Heads up my timer started immediately at three seconds and with no buttons to even click of course I couldn't act in time. I think my other SnG was at 5-7 players at this time and was still working fine.

Lost the first SnG because I couldn't act. Once the second one got down to 3 players the same thing happened. Got to heads up and I couldn't act and had to settle for second again.

This was on Empire BTW. Haven't played a SnG or ring game there since this incident.

CORed
05-10-2004, 03:07 PM
If it happens only after a few hours and goes away after restarting the application, it is probably a memory leak (application is allocating memory but not freeing it).