PDA

View Full Version : Button hand from Saturday night

zuluking
05-10-2004, 11:08 AM
Live 4-8 6-handed at the time with the usual suspects. I'm on the button with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG calls, the rest fold, I raise, SB, BB and UTG call.

Flop is K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Check around to me, I check.

Turn is 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB and BB check, UTG bets, several fold, I call, Small and Big fold.

River is Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG bets, I raise, he calls and mucks.

Thoughts? He grumbled something about how could I raise with only A7. I'm wondering if it was worth staying once the 4th spade hit with so few chips in the pot.

Lost Wages
05-10-2004, 11:17 AM
While A7s isn't normally a raising hand, I like raising one loose limper on the button. I would bet the flop, give them one chance to fold, with the intention of checking behind on the turn if I didn't improve. The turn call at 3:1 is fine given that an ace may be out plus you figure to collect at least one river bet if you make your hand.

Lost Wages

StellarWind
05-10-2004, 12:22 PM
At 5-1 you have to call the turn with the nut flush draw and an overcard. Not even close.