PDA

View Full Version : AT in the BB

tolbiny
05-10-2004, 10:20 AM
20+2 sng on party, round 2 blinds 15-30, 9 players left.

Relevant players: I have T730, Mp has T770, sb has T600.

Mp limps, sb makes a min raise to 60. My initial guess in this situation is a big PP, or AK.
I have ATo. Call or fold?

FLop T,3,2r
pot is 180 chips, sb checks- this felt like a trap to me and i ended up making what i think was the worst decision and bet half the pot T90. Mp folds, sb raises 90.
now what?

thomastem
05-10-2004, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
20+2 sng on party, round 2 blinds 15-30, 9 players left.

Relevant players: I have T730, Mp has T770, sb has T600.

Mp limps, sb makes a min raise to 60. My initial guess in this situation is a big PP, or AK.
I have ATo. Call or fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about raise and see where you really are pre-flop? IF your read is strong then fold, otherwise you are hoping to flop the nut straight, 2 pair or trip 10s and don't have pot odds nor implied odds as your catch won't be disguised.

Getting back to raising, a pot sized re-raise could take the pot right here. If they do call you have control and
a stronger read. Your opponent will put you on a different hand than you actually have. Can you see your implied odds go up?

The decision is predicated on your read but I don't see call being right/strongest play regardless.

David BB
05-10-2004, 01:25 PM
I'd fold pre-flop without even thinking about it. ATo at this stage is a hand that will only get you in trouble.

Edit: On second thought its a minimum raise and you do have position on the raiser. I don't know what makes you think he has a high pocket pair?

On the flop you have to play it fast. Make a sizeable re-raise and see what happens. If he re-raises you all-in go ahead and fold.