PDA

View Full Version : Hate this hand

7Dave
05-10-2004, 05:09 AM
Online 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
Hero bets, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
Hero bets, UTG calls, MP1 raises, Button folds...

From what I've seen so far, MP1 knows what he is doing, no info of the other two. WHY is he raising here? Megadraw or a set? Most likely a set, but then why didn't he bet/raise
the flop? Unless he's got 99? Or a draw...aaaaaaargh!

/d

Steve Giufre
05-10-2004, 05:23 AM
This one's tough, but the pot is huge. I'm not gonna like it very much, but I'm calling here. Unless he is supertight preflop (ruling out J9), and is the type who would never raise with a draw, you need to call. A lot of players, even some decent ones, will limp in with J9 suited. I think that is probably his most likely holding, although it's very possible he has flopped a set. I highly doubt he is on a draw. Both you and the button have shown a tremendous amount of strength throughout the hand, and he cannot expect to win this one without a showdown. Right now, he can beat one pair, but I think your twopair + your queen outs will be good enough of the time when you get there in this situation that calling is correct. Take that, and throw in the remote possiblity he is looking for a free showdown on the river with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif, you have to put the money in.