PDA

View Full Version : Party 15/30 - AA vs 2 LAGs

Any Two Suited
05-10-2004, 02:02 AM
UTG and MP3 are both your typical Party 15/30 LAGs.

MP3 is possibly on tilt and may be personally after me, after a suckout I put on him a few hands prior.

UTG has been enjoying recent success at running over the table.

Blinds are relatively new players.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

I smooth called the 3-bet hoping the two LAGs will put me on AK, and attack me on a rag flop, as they are very prone to do.

Flop: (15 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, UTG calls.

A perfect flop, followed by the expected resultant betting. I considered smooth calling the 3-bet again, but these guys figured to raise or call anything, so I figured I'd get it in there too.

Turn: (13.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Hmmmm... could someone really be playing a 6 here? Perhaps 66? No, must be JT! My read on MP3 is an overpair, TT-KK since it appears he is as scared of the straight as I am. Little doubt I have him beat.

So, the question is, does UTG have the six, JT, a set, or is he continuing his attempts to run over the table?

River: (22.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
UTG checks,

Huh? Hard to believe we'd see a check-raise attempt here.

Given my read on MP3, I'm thinking about a value bet here, but the pot seems big enough for me.

The big questions are: what do you put UTG on, and what is your move?

Comments on my play of the hand up to this point are welcome as well.

Thank you.

Riverman
05-10-2004, 02:25 AM
"The pot seems big enough for me" is never a good way to decide whether or not you should bet.

As for this hand, an inability to put these wierd party players on hands is very common for me- they really could have anything. However I think you should not be scarred by all those times these guys flip over a wierd 2 pair or straight. I would bet.

Any Two Suited
05-10-2004, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"The pot seems big enough for me" is never a good way to decide whether or not you should bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was really a throwaway comment on my part, but you are, of course, correct, Riverman.

Thanks for your input.