PDA

View Full Version : 2 QQ hands

bicyclekick
05-10-2004, 12:10 AM
No notes on either villan.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 raises, Hero 3-bets, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+2 folds, MP2 caps, Hero calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
MP2 bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
MP2 bets, Hero raises, MP2 calls.

River: (10.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
MP2 bets, Hero raises, MP2 3-bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO (poster) checks, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, CO bets, Hero raises, BB folds, UTG 3-bets, MP1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
UTG bets, MP1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
UTG bets, MP1 folds, CO folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB

bicyclekick
05-10-2004, 02:37 PM
Anyone?

Joe826
05-10-2004, 02:50 PM
Hand 1: I think it's fine except you have to cap the river. Unless the guy is very bad, he wouldn't cap preflop with AJ so you're likely up against KK or AA. I think he slowed down when he realized you might have trip jack but when the 3rd one hit he discounted the possiblity so he thought his AA/KK was good.

Hand 2: I would have played it the same. Would anyone cap this flop?

btspider
05-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Hand 1 looks like AA forgot about your turn raise once he hit his boat. I'd find one more river raise and call if 5-bet (offline).

Hand 2 looks like you are beat. With the Q /images/graemlins/club.gif I like the call down since you have several passive players subsidizing your calls. Without the Q /images/graemlins/club.gif, I might find a laydown here with 4 to the turn. If you call the turn, you must call the river.

bdk3clash
05-10-2004, 03:26 PM
There's absolutely no reason to not cap the river in hand 1. The only hand that beats you is Jx. Your opponent's hand falls within the range of hands he would raise and cap with preflop, and JJ is not possible. He probably has KK or AA. If he has a J, good for him.

By calling his 3-bet, you're saying he has quads here more than 50% of the time, which is clearly not the case.

In hand 2, I play it the same. UTG check 3-betting is a pretty strong move. Calling down seems right given the pot size and the rest of the table coming along for the ride.

I'm folding to 2 bets on the turn. Hand-wise, I'll guess UTG has a set (77 or 66).

sfer
05-10-2004, 04:52 PM
Hand 1: Cap the river. Jacks full no goot.

Hand 2: I play the same.

BucHawk
05-10-2004, 05:02 PM
First hand I cap the river as well (and expect to see a Jack.) But assuming he's a halfway rational player, can't see him having a J based on his betting.

Second hand, I'd call it down as well. Again, if I didn't have a read that UTG is a moron, I'd say he probably doesn't have two pair. So, the hands that beat me are a flopped set. Altneratively, he could have AJ, KJ, or two clubs or something like 9Tc.

So what were the results?

bdk3clash
05-10-2004, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First hand I cap the river as well (and expect to see a Jack.)

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really expect to see a jack (as in, more than 50% of the time), you shouldn't cap. But, having said that, there's no way his opponent has a jack more than 50% of the time here. He raised and capped preflop and doesn't have JJ.

BucHawk
05-10-2004, 05:12 PM
What I meant, was, my head is saying cap the river because there is waaaay less than %50 chance he has a J, but my heart is saying, "OH MY GOD!! HE HAS A JACK AND I'M GOING TO LOSE THIS HUGE POT!!".

bdk3clash
05-10-2004, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What I meant, was, my head is saying cap the river because there is waaaay less than %50 chance he has a J, but my heart is saying, "OH MY GOD!! HE HAS A JACK AND I'M GOING TO LOSE THIS HUGE POT!!".

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you know who to listen to. If his opponent has a jack, there's a right way and a wrong way to lose to it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tripdad
05-10-2004, 06:19 PM
hand 1: cap it.

hand 2: i would cap the flop. it certainly isn't unreasonable to be against AJ and club/straight draws. when you are ahead, you gain 3 extra sb's versus losing just 1 when you are behind. slow down after that if villain is still fighting.

cheers!

joker122
05-10-2004, 06:31 PM
Hand 1: I put villain on AA/KK. Your turn raise scared him into think you have a J, but on the river he knows it's extremely unlikely you do, hence his newfound aggression. I cap the river.

Hand 2: I like it except I'd raise the blank turn. If he comes back at you then I'd slow down.

bicyclekick
05-10-2004, 06:37 PM
I still think it's interesting everyone thinks I should cap the river. I think sometimes you have to forgot one small piece of pre-flop information when somebody is SCREAMING at you something different later in the hand.

He did have AA though, and MHIG.

UTG had KJo and MHIG there too.

Thanks so much for the feedback, it was really interesting.