PDA

View Full Version : how loose is too loose

rebling777
05-09-2004, 10:44 PM
I play in a 2/4 game with quite a few loose players. Some are of the loose/passive/calling station variety and a few will raise when warranted. There is quite a bit of check raising on the flop it seems. I would not classify any of the players as loose/aggressive. I would classify their play as poor for the most part. A lot will cold call two, even three bets with marginal hands. So my question is this...How loose should I play to compensate for this. I know that hands like KTo and AJo go down in value and pairs, suited connectors and Axs go up. Now my question is should I be adding in Kxs, Qxs even Xxs? What about hands like J9s T8s J9o T7o etc. How many limpers or preflops callers do I need to play hands like this if at all? Is position still that important when considering playing hands like this when everyone is coming in anyway? Thanks.

TheRake
05-09-2004, 11:26 PM
Rebling,

If you absolutely must play loose, play loose from the button or the blinds. There are many suited hands I will play from the button after several limpers. suited connectors, Axs, Kxs, Qxs...basically anythingxs if it is resonable. The important thing to remember is to pay attention to position or play them when you are getting big odds from the blinds. Your opponents don't consider position or odds, but you are better than they are....right?? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheRake

Nemesis
05-09-2004, 11:30 PM
Rake you don't play under YourTheRake or something like that on party do you?

rebling777
05-10-2004, 02:21 PM
I'd like to thing I'm better but I feel like I might not be adjusting to maximize my EV as much as I could. What kind of preflop odds do I need to play hands like Xxs and T7o, etc?

Nemesis
05-10-2004, 02:25 PM
don't play 10/7o IMO i like 4 ish limpers to play my questionable hands in late posistion though.

rebling777
05-10-2004, 02:32 PM
What about a hand like 98s vs 98o. How many more limpers do I need to play 98o?

TheRake
05-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Stay away from unsuited hands. Even biggish unsuited hands (QJo, KTo etc) are generally not a good idea. Suited cards are best because there are more ways to win. Generally I like about 4-5 limpers to call a hand like this on the button. Prolly only need around 3 to call a half bet from the sb.

TheRake

siccjay
05-10-2004, 05:22 PM
QJo is good from MP and better, K10o is good from the button if you play well post flop. Also, after a few limpers I play any 2 s00ted from the SB.