PDA

View Full Version : Dead blind at Party?

benfranklin
05-09-2004, 09:54 PM
I just re-read my subject line, and want to assure everyone that I am not making references to anyone's Saturday night experiences.

In the past, at the start of a hand I sometimes noticed a chip equal to the amount of the small blind in the pot in the middle of the table while the first round of calling or folding was still going on. Today I saw that this happened whenever a new player came in and posted a blind to the right of the button instead of waiting for the BB. The "Dealer" line in the chat box said: "xxxx posts blind + dead ($0.75)" in a $0.50/$1 game. The $0.50 went in front of the player, and the $0.25 went immediately into the pot.

I checked the rules on the Party site, and it only mentions the $0.50 blind, and says that all blinds at Party are live. I don't claim a lot of poker experience, but I have never heard of this. Has anyone else?

sthief09
05-09-2004, 10:04 PM
if you miss your SB and BB, you have to pay the BB+SB if you want to jump in before your next BB again. the reason the SB goes in the middle is because the amount in front of a player is always the best amount. if there was the BB+SB in front of the player, it would imply that everyone must call that amount.

it shouldn't happen when a new player comes in though, if that's what you're asking

benfranklin
05-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Thanks, I think that's what happened. It was someone posting ahead of the button, but now that you mention it, I can't say for sure that it was a new player at the table.