PDA

View Full Version : A River Quandary

Brian
05-09-2004, 09:53 PM
Party 3/6. Table is mainly loose/passive with a couple of loose/aggressive spots. I am dealt Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the BB. Unknown EP and MP limp in. LP who is a loose/aggressive that is also tilting limps. SB completes, I check. 5 to the Flop, 2.5bb.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks and I bet. EP calls, MP folds, LP calls, SB calls. 4 to the Turn, 4.5bb.

Turn: J /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, EP and LP call, SB folds. 3 to the River, 7.5bb.

River: A /images/graemlins/club.gif

Your move?

Haupt_234
05-09-2004, 10:02 PM
I dont know if i'de bet out the river even if there was one opponent. Chances for another busted flush draw are slim since you have the same draw. The loose/passive tendencies of the table are likely to be calling on a weak ace or a good queen, both of which have you beat and aren't folding on the river.

Although LP is loose/aggressive, you still cannot bet because of the presence of EP.

I say a check and a possible crying call is in line if the pot is big enough... but 9 times out of 10 I am check folding.

Haupt_234

Bob T.
05-09-2004, 10:44 PM
I would bet here, you probably won't win all the time, but you will get called by weaker hands some of the time, and you would probably call a bet if you checked and it was one bet to you, so I would go ahead and bet the river.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Bob T.
05-09-2004, 10:47 PM
Did you notice that your kicker doesn't play. The only Queen that you lose to is KQ. I think the Jack might make someone who chased with JT or KJ call the river.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Joe Tall
05-09-2004, 11:22 PM
I stick one in and fold to a raise.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Brian
05-10-2004, 12:30 AM
Yeah, I pretty much figured Joe, Bob, and a few others would say to bet the River. If theres one thing I've learned at low limits, it's to bet first and think about it later. You get called down by so much trash that there's almost always value in a bet.

But, I didn't bet. I checked. It was checked through, and I took it down. I've already closed Party out and my e-mail requests aren't working right now, so I don't have the results for the other hands.

-Brian

Ponks
05-10-2004, 01:46 AM
I think I'd check/call. No one has really shown any aggression back at you, and you may be able to induce a bluff by a hand that wouldn't call here.

Ponks

Brian
05-10-2004, 02:36 AM
Ponks,

Yeah, part of the reason I didn't bet here was that there was a loose/aggressive tilting player still involved in the hand, and with the Ace pairing on board, I didn't really like a bet-and-fold-to-a-raise philosophy. And I certainly didn't want to invest 2 big bets with just the Queen.

-Brian