PDA

View Full Version : to much time on my hands...

tolbiny
05-09-2004, 08:48 PM
after many arguments with my brother over what the worst movie ever made was we have decided to settle it once and for all. We have set up a 16 movie bracket, and we will watch oppossing movies head to head with one moving on untill there is only one, terrible, horrible atrocious movie left. However since this is going to be a one time event we need to make sure that every movie on the list deserves to be there, and that we dont miss the dark horse that would take the prize.
The only conditions we came up with were that
1. made post 1990
2. no breasts shown

here is our list.

1. Speed 2
2. exit wounds
3. coyote ugly
4. Pluto nash

1. battlefield earth
2. look who’s talking now
3. the postman
4. the next best thing

1. double team
2. broken arrow
3. Armageddon
4. major league 3

1. gigli
2. independence day
3. glitter
4. gone in sixty seconds

Alternates:
1. Mona lisa smile
2. demolition man
3. black knight
4. modern problems

Jimbo
05-09-2004, 08:55 PM
You must not get out much if you think these movies are anywhere near the worst using your criteria.

Jimbo

tolbiny
05-09-2004, 08:57 PM
then please enlighten us and add one or two to the list

Jimbo
05-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Actually I would need to purge all on your list and start over. Perhaps I'll add some later this evening.

Jimbo

sucka
05-09-2004, 09:30 PM
The Horse Whisperer

Nuff Said...

eggzz
05-09-2004, 09:30 PM
Drop Independence Day, insert Ishtar

Clarkmeister
05-10-2004, 02:24 AM
Blind Fury. Lock.

jayadd
05-10-2004, 02:38 AM
i hate to admit i saw this movie but my niece made me....

From justin to kelly....
it was that american idol movie kelly clarkson and justin something....

my other choice would be....

cliffhanger

MicroBob
05-10-2004, 03:00 AM
i dont think Rocky 5 was post 1990 so it sadly doesnt qualify.

i think Phone Booth with Colin Farrell deserves consideration.

a couple kevin costner movies...The Bodyguard and Waterworld...are probably deserving if they are post 1990.
actually, For the Love of the Game kind of sucked also.

i would also vote for the Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan combo of Youve Got Mail and Sleepless in Seattle but that's just me.

however, i think The Truth About Cats and Dogs should be your winner without even having to run a tournament. this is easily the worst movie of all time.

isnt there an annual bad movie award ceremony the day before the oscars?? might be called The Raspeberries. you might want to look into it for further ideas if you don't agree with me on that whole truth about cats and dogs thing.

MasterShakes
05-10-2004, 06:14 AM
I'm with you on several of these, but not nearly all of them. Consult Hulk Hogan as actor and you will have a plethora of material to work with, like the trio of terror: Mr. Nanny, Suburban Commando and Santa With Muscles. Rocky 5 was a 1990 movie. Blues Brothers 2000 is also an excellent candidate. Pauly Shore's reign of darkness - 1992 to 1996? And no boobs in any of them.

banditbdl
05-10-2004, 09:26 AM
Nominations:

Mortal Kombat 2 (although the unintentional comedy ranking might be too high)

Haven't seen it but that Justin to Kelly Movie has to suck real bad

Ghost World (I'm probably in a minority here, that movie got a lot of great reviews when it came out, but I thought it absolutely sucked, just an absolute waste of ~2 hrs.)

Good Boy! (Dogs from outer space kiddie flick)

Plenty of just horrific action movies, I think you're too focused on those Bruckheimer flicks. No doubt, those are bad movies on a number of levels with the acting, writing, plot etc. They're hack jobs, but they are well funded ones, there are plenty of action movies with plots just as bad and bad acting with way less money to make some decent special effects etc.

Philuva
05-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Personally, Gone in 60 Seconds is the worst movie I have ever seen. Twister is up there too. I would probably throw in Maid in Manhattan just for kicks.

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-10-2004, 04:43 PM
Jurassic Park III

First the writers invent a dinosaur, then they have the humans negotiate with the Velociraptors.

Matt Flynn
05-10-2004, 05:20 PM
Cool World was far worse.

mike l.
05-10-2004, 05:30 PM
"modern problems"

the movie with chevy chase snorting cocaine and doing voodoo and stuff? man there's just no way that is even close to one of the worst.

my vote is for bram stoker's dracula the one from the 90s that was a big hit. unbearably bad. runner up is leavning las vegas what a pile of turd. of course now i have to sit through about 40 of you telling me those are your faves in your dvd collection, oh lord help me...

mike l.
05-10-2004, 05:33 PM
"Ghost World"

i wanted to see how bad this one was. at first i thought you said "ghost dad" w/ bill cosby,, but i knew that couldnt be what you meant cause that movie is rad.

oh btw i changed my mind and it's definite that MEMENTO is by far the most dismal pile of crap made in the past 20 years. i hated that movie so so so so so much. what crap.

mike l.
05-10-2004, 05:35 PM
"Rocky 5 was a 1990 movie"

i thought this movie was beautiful in parts. i love how he's just totally brain damaged and you cant understand him at all.

TimTimSalabim
05-10-2004, 05:37 PM
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I dare anyone to sit through the entire movie.

TylerD
05-10-2004, 05:37 PM
Dude Where's my Car

I was angry at the producers for exposing me to such crap and dissapointed with myself for wasting those 70 minutes of my life.

mike l.
05-10-2004, 05:38 PM
"The Horse Whisperer"

oh see you all just hate chick flicks. that's different then picking the worst movie ever.

astroglide
05-10-2004, 05:58 PM
the most disappointed i've ever been in a film was easily highlander 2. i thought ghost world sucked as well. OMG HE'S NOT ON THE PARK BENCH IT'S SO SUBTLE I THINK I'LL JUST WEEP.

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-10-2004, 06:30 PM
Great book, but I had no desire to see the movie.

offTopic
05-10-2004, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

1. made post 1990
2. no breasts shown

[/ QUOTE ]

Some notables in which I can't remember if there are breasts or not, but it shouldn't matter:

- Underworld
- The Scarlet Letter
- Underworld
- Batman & Robin
- Underworld
- Solaris
- Underworld

Oski
05-10-2004, 07:54 PM
Modern Problems is an early 80's movie.

Filip
05-10-2004, 08:30 PM
I think First Knight (http://imdb.com/title/tt0113071/) deserves to be on the list.

TimTimSalabim
05-10-2004, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Great book, but I had no desire to see the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're lucky then, that's 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back (that's as long as I could stand it before I had to pop the DVD out).

jedi
05-11-2004, 03:11 PM
I thought Independence Day and Broken Arrow were both all right in an entertaining, blow stuff up, kind of way.

Replace one with Batman and Robin and the other with From Justin to Kelly.

Ulysses
05-11-2004, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, Gone in 60 Seconds is the worst movie I have ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something is wrong w/ you. Gone in 60 Seconds rules. Other movies that rule that have been mentioned in this thread include Memento and Ghost World.

astroglide
05-11-2004, 04:08 PM
what ruled about ghost world?

Sarge85
05-11-2004, 04:18 PM
Let me save you some time, and save your eyeballs from having to gouge them out for watching such trash.

The worst movie of all time

The Bridges of Madison County

It maybe pre-1990 so you may be SOL and still have to watch the other trash.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

sleepyjoeyt
05-11-2004, 04:20 PM
If you can add 5 years onto your time limit, then I have the all-time worst movie, no question:

STOOGEMANIA

This was a 1985 film and was by far the worst movie I've ever seen.

To the point where it was embarassing to watch, because I felt so bad for the producers / directors / actors and all others involved.

It was PAINFUL to watch, because I couldn't even fathom how someone out there thought this would be an enjoyable experience.

And I'm not even exxagerating.

And I like the 3 stooges.