PDA

View Full Version : Is this situation winnable?

KungFuKitten
05-09-2004, 07:55 PM
Hello. This is my first post of an expected many more.

I play in this small tourney with my friends pretty frequently and I was just wondering if this situation would be winnable.

The people I play with are relativly loose. There is one maniac, two calling stations, one ultra conservitive guy, one average player, two people that like to see the flop except with the really bad trash(<T/offsuit/3+gaps), and me.

Bluffing is next to near inpossible with the maniac and the calling stations. I try playing with only pocket pairs, AK-AT, KQ-KT, QJ, QT, and JT. I can't play too tight because it is a tourney and I can only see about 60 hands before my stack is starting to whimp out and I lose betting and calling power. (I estimate 60 because as I am getting lower some of my opponents are getting higher and so do their bets so a bet from the wrong player that would cost me about 15-20% of my current stack plus more bets to come, suddenly the ATo isn't looking so nice so one of my "playable" hands doesn't really help me.) I see what I mentioned above about 7.2 times out of 60. Sometimes this is enough to keep me alive but most of the time it is not.

Is there any posible way that I could turn this situation more into my favor. I am tired of relying on luck to get the "playable" hands before I run out of chips. Not to mention the times where I do get a good hand but my oppenent luckily picks up an even better one.

Should I chase flushes and straights? Should I just play looser preflop? Tighten up post flop? I am not really sure how to handle this.

Thanks for any help.