PDA

View Full Version : OMG ow.

BottlesOf
05-09-2004, 07:36 PM
Ultimate Bet 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 (poster) calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: (28.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 34.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 34.50 BB, between Hero, MP2 and SB.</font>

I think my play started to go south when I 3-bet the turn.

sthief09
05-09-2004, 07:48 PM
yeah that does hurt

my general philosophy is if I'm going to check-raise the turn, I'm not going to let anything interfere with that, so I don't mind the check-3-bet in theory. in this particular hand though, SB's check-raise says that you're probably drawing dead. the river is a good reason why it's nice to have the K /images/graemlins/club.gif. I'm guessing SB has a set and MP2 flopped a flush draw with a pair of Q's. when it's 2 bets on the turn I might just fold

you know I'm really confused when I start rambling like I just did. these hands are the worst, where you just get strung along, one bet at a time /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I don't know if I could've managed to do it, but I think the turn, faced with 2 bets from a guy who smooth called the flop then check-raised 2 people who have shown a ton of aggression, and with the flop raiser behind you, is probably the best time to fold.

I can't blame you for the way you played it though

BottlesOf
05-09-2004, 07:51 PM
I think I agree with you. If I had realized at that point how likely it was that I had 1 out, I would've layed it down. Then again...maybe not /images/graemlins/crazy.gif