PDA

View Full Version : QQ in EP

Askilus
05-09-2004, 06:01 PM
New to the table, no reads.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (15 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 21 BB, between Hero, MP1 and BB.</font>

How did I do? To passive?

dfscott
05-09-2004, 07:02 PM
I would've re-raised the flop and bet the turn. If I'm re-raised on the turn, I'd start worrying about a set and probably tossed 'em if I didn't hit a set on the river. Assuming that didn't happen, when the BB woke up on the river, I would've just called it down, expecting to lose to J4.

Piiop
05-09-2004, 07:07 PM
You must reraise the flop and bet out on the turn. Way too passive. The 2 on the turn is not a bad card for you because you are now ahead of JT.

Also, to the other poster, Hero does not lose to J4

Kluddeludde
05-09-2004, 07:10 PM
Either 3-bet the flop or check-raise the turn. Don't give him credit for a big hand just yet. If he plays back at you, I may call it down all the way since that deuce hit on the turn, possibly giving you a better two-pair than him.

Kludde

dfscott
05-09-2004, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, to the other poster, Hero does not lose to J4

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely right -- I missed the board pairing (glad I wasn't playing this! /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

In that case, the river bet doesn't worry me at all -- you can't worry about the BB holding 44 here.

Dylan Wade
05-09-2004, 07:37 PM
This is terrible play. When you think you have the best hand, raise. It's that simple. Your play on the flop and turn is where you make money at poker, nowhere else. Calling down here is god awful terrible. You missed a bet on the flop, and another on the turn. You might as well cashout and give your money to a homeless person if you're going to play this way.

I think it's important to be brutally honest here. This is very very bad play, consider taking a break and reading some more theory.

FACT: you cannot play this way and win at poker.
GOod luck.

HajiShirazu
05-09-2004, 11:47 PM
River play is also very important.
But yeah, either 3 bet the flop or wait and raise the turn.
The board pair is excellent for you. It's almost better than a queen, except when BB shows you 92o.

Askilus
05-10-2004, 09:52 AM
Hi,

I know I played this hand terribly. That's one of the reasons for posting it here. I have to admit that I myself missed that the board paired, my concentration was not as good as it should have been and I stopped playing a short while after this hand.

But please do not rule out my overall play due to this hand. Yes - I played it terrible. But I know that I did so and my overall play is better than this.

Thanks for your input guys. I will continue to post hands and I want you to be honest about my play /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ZootMurph
05-10-2004, 10:14 AM
I'd be reraising like crazy. He either has AJ or JT. You are beating any pair of Jacks, and if he had two pair on the flop, you have a bigger two pair on the turn, unless someone is holding a 2... then you would be screwed.

The only things that have you beat are a 2 or a set. With the BB bet on the river, I'm guessing he has a 2. I'm putting MP1 on AJ or JT.

Trix
05-10-2004, 11:42 AM
3Bet the flop.
When you didnīt do that and the 2 pairs on the turn, you realize that you are ahead of JT now right ?

Askilus
05-10-2004, 11:48 AM
Yes I realize that. As I said in a reply to a post in this thread I actually missed that the board paired. My focus was not entirily on the poker table, I was discussing some things with my girlfriend. If I had noticed the pair of twos on the table I probably would have played this hand better and in that case the flop had been my mistake.

But this is not an excuse, thats why I stopped to play a while after this hand.