PDA

View Full Version : Party Search = Disconnect?

_2000Flushes
05-09-2004, 05:35 PM
I've been getting disconnected from my tournament table at Party when I try to use the player search feature. I can still see the table and my cards, but no fold check or raise buttons show up. The I'm Back button reappears after each hand. I log off and log back on, then wait for about five minutes before I can get back to my table?

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I think I'm done using the search function.

-2kF

MMMMMM
05-09-2004, 08:47 PM
I've had this happen on 2 or 3 occasions, and since I almost never get disc. from Party otherwise, it sure seems like there is a relation. I now only use the search after first logging in, never while playing.

MicroBob
05-10-2004, 12:12 AM
Yes Yes Yes!!!!

....it doesnt happen every time i try a search though....and it usually reconnects within 2 minutes.

i didnt make the 'connection' that my disconnects were corresponding to the search feature until you brought it up.

Theodore Donald Kiravatsos
05-10-2004, 01:04 AM
Sommabitch....I moved up from a 4 year old POS computer to a brand new POS computer running a different operating system, and this bug still gets me every night.

MicroBob
05-10-2004, 01:39 AM
i wonder if it is related to when you try the search.

i am guessing it might be okay to search if you do not hold cards in a hand that you need to act on.
my disconnects come when i get the kind of hand in LP that i can't click the auto-fold or auto bet-raise buttons on (i'm waiting to see how many players, for how many bets, etc).
i think that if you are out of the hand it might be okay to search.
will try experimenting with this a little bit to see.

i don't want to lose the search feature even while i'm already seated because i like to follow the comings and goings of my favorite fishies.

siccjay
05-10-2004, 02:03 AM
It happens to me when you are trying to search or waiting for your buddies to pop up and you go try to do some other action. Only then does it totally cause Party to crap out.

Prickly Pete
05-10-2004, 10:41 AM
I wonder if this has happened to me too. Was playing SNGs on Intertops the other night and got disconnected like you describe - but I don't know if I was searching on Intertops.

Typically I use Party to search (I'm probably the person alive that uses it to find real buddies and not fish /images/graemlins/wink.gif ) while playing 4 tables at Intertops. I assume that wouldn't cause a problem. Anybody know?