PDA

View Full Version : Super-Genius or Super-Magoo?

Al_Capone_Junior
05-09-2004, 05:30 PM
$215 no limit at stars.

I have less than T3000 after posting the BB. Folded to the cutoff, who may be a 2+2er, I think from the name it might be "a certain person," but I can't be totally sure, and don't want to mention the exact name (I'll PM him to find out, and then he can comment if he wants).

Anyway, cutoff raises 3x the blind to 300. I call with Ks9s, heads up.

flop king high raggedy board with two clubs and a spade.

I check, he bets 400, I push.

comments?

Results to follow.

al

La Brujita
05-09-2004, 05:45 PM
This doesn't answer the subject line since I may be either as well but I play it exactly the same if I think there is a reasonable chance CO is on a steal raise (ie he is not super timid or never steals)

Regards

Greg (FossilMan)
05-09-2004, 09:52 PM
It all seems OK to me, based upon the information given. If there was reason to believe he wouldn't raise, even first in from the cutoff, without having a quite good hand, then you should fold preflop, of course. Other than that, your play is certainly acceptable.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Diplomat
05-09-2004, 10:30 PM
What was his stack size? That factors a bit into any decision, imo.

Generally I bet in these spots, and re-evaluate depending on what the other player does. Very often I'll be re-raising or betting large on the turn, or folding to an all-in. I don't really like the all-in checkraise, because you either will be called and be behind or will win a medium/small pot.

-Diplomat