PDA

View Full Version : Forum Update, A Request, Anyone Second the Motion?

Joe Tall
05-09-2004, 03:29 PM
Last summer's update forgot one feature that I found very useful.

You could recieve emails for a reply to your individual post. I am sure, due to the increase in posts, that I've missed many a question/reply/debate as posts fall off the front pages so quickly.

I have emailed Chuck last week about adding the feature.

Well, the update seems near complete, yet the feature is not added.

Anyone agree?

Peace,
Joe Tall

Jimbo
05-09-2004, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, the update seems near complete, yet the feature is not added.

Anyone agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, the feature has not been added.

Jimbo

rharless
05-09-2004, 04:31 PM
I second.

Also, it appears that now when I view a previously viewed thread, I am put always at the top of the thread, versus at the first unread post (for me) in the thread. This behavior is only as of the last day or two. It would be nice to go back to the previous way.

What are those burning icons supposed to mean?

Joe Tall
05-09-2004, 04:33 PM
The burning icons are post that are recieving heavy action.

I'll have to check out that top of the thread thing you are referring to.

Peace,
Joe Tall

John Feeney
05-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Joe, if I understand what you're asking about, that feature is there. Just go to "my home," then down to the bottom to "subscribe/unsubscribe..."

BTW, one interesting result of that feature is you will sometimes get a reply in email before the poster has had a chance to edit it. A couple of weeks ago, in a protracted back-and-forth I got into, that little phenomenon caused a poster's true attitude to leak through to me via email delivery before he decided to delete his post. It pretty much confirmed what I'd already gathered, but it made especially easy my decision to end my part in the thread. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Joe Tall
05-09-2004, 04:37 PM
I agree, the feature has not been added.

Thank you very much, Jimbo. You have been great help.

TylerD
05-09-2004, 04:42 PM
I second this

[ QUOTE ]
Also, it appears that now when I view a previously viewed thread, I am put always at the top of the thread, versus at the first unread post (for me) in the thread. This behavior is only as of the last day or two. It would be nice to go back to the previous way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe Tall
05-09-2004, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Joe, if I understand what you're asking about, that feature is there. Just go to "my home," then down to the bottom to "subscribe/unsubscribe..."

[/ QUOTE ]

John,

The feature you have elluded to will send you an email for EVERY response in the thread. When you post 25times a day like I do, I'd get 200 emails a day.

I'm referring to getting an email to YOUR individual post in a thread. Instead of getting every response, you used to get an email when someone responds to YOU.

Chuck just sent me an email and he is busy switching things over but will try to get the feature added this week.

Thanks for the response, John, nice to see you around.

Peace,
Joe Tall

John Feeney
05-09-2004, 04:52 PM
... thanks. I thought maybe I misunderstood. Yes, that will be a good feature.

John Feeney
05-09-2004, 05:13 PM
... what about the sig line feature? Why is it disabled?

Joe Tall
05-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Too many spam-ads/affiliate/URLs posted in them. The moderators could not keep up with it.

Peace,
Joe Tall

John Feeney
05-09-2004, 05:24 PM

TimTimSalabim
05-09-2004, 06:15 PM
I third it!

Its' really annoying to scroll down and try to find where I left off. Why was this removed?

bernie
05-10-2004, 01:00 AM
They used to have it that way and it was great.

IF you got email from anyone during the thread, with how some threads go off on tangents that you dont care less about, it can be alot to wade through.

This was a great feature.

b