PDA

View Full Version : on TV tonight

GrannyMae
05-09-2004, 01:39 PM
history channel.

click pic for more details

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/histch.JPG (http://www.historychannel.com/global/listings/listings.jsp?NetwCode=THC)

http://bestanimations.com/Electronics/Video/TV-01.gif

goodguy_1
05-09-2004, 01:43 PM
good stuff granny thnx!

TimM
05-09-2004, 02:30 PM
Hmmmm... Will Breaking Vegas be worth missing The Sopranos for 3 hours and catching it on HBO West? Three hours of commercial television in one night will be more than I watch most months.

GrannyMae
05-09-2004, 02:33 PM
tivo rules

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/u/tv.gif

n1stunnor
05-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Nice find Granny.

Lucky
05-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Thanks Granny; I've been thinking about buying the book on the MIT players. I had no idea there was a t.v. special on them. I'll check it out.

tripdad
05-09-2004, 03:26 PM
undoubtedly they are interviewing you as the last living witness to the tragic death of Wild Bill Hickock as he dragged his stack w/AA88. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

cheers!

Lori
05-09-2004, 03:36 PM
I'll be interested to hear what they say Wild Bill held.

Usually it is refered to as A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I don't think there is much 'doubt' as to the two black aces and eights, but I think the J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif sometimes turns into the 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and even other cards occasionally.

Lori

BigBaitsim (milo)
05-09-2004, 03:51 PM
Viva TiVo!!!!!

tripdad
05-09-2004, 04:14 PM
ask granny. she knows. she was there!

cheers!

Jimbo
05-09-2004, 04:19 PM
The five of Diamonds - the town of Deadwood has this card on display, claiming it to be the actual card.

The nine of Diamonds - according to supposed eyewitness accounts at the time.

The jack of Diamonds - according to the transcripts of McCall's trial, a witness claims that this was the card.

The queen of Clubs - Ripley's Believe It Or Not has this card on display.

Then there are the documentaries, movies and plays that depict it as the Jack, Queen or King of Spades.

The above information is from rec.gambling.poker faq WRITTEN BY Stephen Landrum.

Jimbo

tripdad
05-09-2004, 04:21 PM
further more, i heard granny opened with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif and folded unimproved to Wild Bill Hickock's bet of one shiny buffalo nickel and "Hairy" Harry McDaniel's raise to 20 cents.

cheers!

lorinda
05-09-2004, 04:45 PM
How I survived without you Jimbo, I'll never know.

Thanks for the info.

Lori

Jimbo
05-09-2004, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How I survived without you Jimbo, I'll never know.

Thanks for the info.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

You are welcome love.

Jimbo

btw: When are you gonna come visit me in the States?

csuf_gambler
05-09-2004, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Granny; I've been thinking about buying the book on the MIT players. I had no idea there was a t.v. special on them. I'll check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

its a very good book, u should definitly buy it. i couldnt put that sh1t down once i started

BradleyT
05-09-2004, 08:00 PM
bump

Jimbo
05-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Well Lorinda thanks to the travel channel we now have another choice, the 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif. More confusion! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Jimbo

Lori
05-09-2004, 09:38 PM
AAArrgggggh.

How can it not be a red card huh?

Thanks for the update though.

Lori

Jimbo
05-09-2004, 11:27 PM
I meant the History channel! oops!!

Jimbo

TheNutz
05-10-2004, 12:07 AM
Someone been hanging out with the Three Musketeers over a DirecTv? /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

HUSKER'66
05-10-2004, 12:19 AM
Inquring minds want to know!!!!!!!!

Like Jimbo, I heard about 5-10 different results on what ol' Wild Bill held that faithful day.....looks like it will remain a forever mystery. (anybody think Kennedy assasination here?)

Kinda sad that we are more worried (currently) about the cards that a killed player held, rather than the sordid past of the game that we've come to love. (look at the history....it ain't pretty).

Just my thoughts,

Husker

jasonHoldEm
05-10-2004, 01:11 AM
I thought both shows were great, thanks for the tip granny.

Doyle, Phil, Chip, Barry, Daniel, etc, etc...was this staged for dramatic effect or an actual live game? Even if I had the talent of these guys I'm not sure I'd want to sit at that table.

Was interesting to see the soundbites with S&M...never seen them interviewed before. I know this sounds wierd, but it was strange to hear them talk, lol. I guess you get an idea of someone through what you've read.

I watched these shows with my roommate, he's now psyched to learn the game. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peace,
Jason