PDA

View Full Version : AKo, and the flop makes my head hurt

jacki
05-09-2004, 01:02 PM
UB $5 multi NLHE. 250 or so entries.
Avg. stack is about t4500. I've got t9000, and am in the top 5 with 36 left.
Top 30 pay, but my goal is to get a top 5-10 finish, since the 10-30 money is barely worth it.

Blinds are 150-300. I've been stealing them quite a bit with t1000 bets. BB in this hand has about t7500 and has done nothing to make me notice him.

It's folded to me in LMP, I get A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, and I make the standard (for me) raise to t1000. Only the BB calls.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets about t3500.

Action?
<ul type="square"> Fold Call Push [/list]

I think I chose the worst of the 3 options.

Results and my thinking to come...

Chief911
05-09-2004, 01:06 PM
I think its an easy fold.

Nick

SaintAces
05-09-2004, 01:24 PM
I will!

jacki
05-09-2004, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think its an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

So do I. I just can't figure out why I pushed.

[ QUOTE ]
if you called I am going to hurt you

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you hurt me worse if I pushed?

Anyways, I think my brain was infected by Big Slick. Even though every fiber of my being was screaming "HE HAS 2-PAIR!" I thought I could somehow push him off the pot with my raise.

He, of course, calls my raise, shows KJ, I get no help, and bust out, out of the money, several hands later.

I actually think calling would have been better than pushing, because I think he might have checked through the turn and river, fearing a low made flush.

But folding is clearly the right thing to do here.... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

legend42
05-09-2004, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I actually think calling would have been better than pushing, because I think he might have checked through the turn and river, fearing a low made flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only an idiot would play a low made flush that way. Calling is unquestionably the worst of the three options on the flop.

Yarney
05-09-2004, 11:08 PM
Pushing was definately better than calling. If I were in his position I would have given serious thought to getting out of the pot. Too many straight and flush possibilities to make it worth the gamble.

-Yarney