PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Nice Smooth Fast Forums, Thanks Chuck n/m

MMMMMM
05-09-2004, 10:20 AM
^

whiskeytown
05-09-2004, 10:46 AM
is this the new look? - or is it just a bug - cause as it stands...this'll take some getting used to...

RB

GWB
05-09-2004, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is this the new look? - or is it just a bug - cause as it stands...this'll take some getting used to...

RB

[/ QUOTE ]
Make sure to select a "style sheet (skin)" from Display Preferences.

W

Clarkmeister
05-09-2004, 01:30 PM
The search function has gotten much better. It now allows you to search by both keyword and by username. Formerly, you could only do one. This really is an improvement.

Only one thing, it seems the Other Gambling forum looks a little goofy.

GWB
05-09-2004, 01:41 PM
And the "Show a preview of post body with results" feature is a very useful Search page feature.

Well done, Chuck.

whiskeytown
05-09-2004, 02:14 PM
well for once, I gotta give ya props....

horrible president, and you can't lead worth a damn, but I didn't know about the skins...so gratsi..

RB

GWB
05-09-2004, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well for once, I gotta give ya props....

horrible president, and you can't lead worth a damn, but I didn't know about the skins...so gratsi..

RB

[/ QUOTE ]
By November, I'll have you voting for me. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

W

John Feeney
05-09-2004, 05:34 PM

Mason Malmuth
05-09-2004, 06:39 PM
Wait a second. All this was my idea. I just tell Chuck to do the work. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Best wishes,
mason

BeerMoney
05-09-2004, 11:21 PM
You should change your signature to "Breast Wishes"

Look Drunk, Play Drunk
BeerMoney

illunious
05-10-2004, 12:00 AM
The new search functionality is great.

Did some threads get deleted? I seem to have lost some of my favorite threads, and I can't find them by searching, and the links to them don't work either.

Two of them are:

"Player notes discussion", it was posted on the internet forum and had some great info from MS Sunshine.

"The damn Fish!!!!! Loose games RANT!" by Joe Tall

GOODBEATGUY2001
05-10-2004, 12:31 AM
A definite improvement but why didnt you think of it before? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sredni Vashtar
05-10-2004, 05:42 AM
And what may I ask were you searching for? A new and improved cowboy pic?

Do you realize you have ten times more posts than the long low yellow <font color="brown"> brown </font> ferret?

A mere newbie, he. No match for a gun toting addict.

SV. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

imported_Chuck Weinstock
05-10-2004, 08:49 AM
Look under the same post "number" in the archived forums.
I hope to have this happen "Automagically" later this week.

Chuck

John Feeney
05-10-2004, 08:15 PM
Are we not all searching? Are we not all searchers? ("The Searchers": John Cole says it's THE western movie. /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

And is this what it means to be an "addict" - that I now hallucinate ferrets? What's next, spiders crawling under my skin? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

But the cowboy pic, you see, is not just any cowboy pic. It's Lucas. He da man back before all da mans of today were in diapers. So speak of him with reverence - the next time you're in Northfork my furry friend.

daryn
05-10-2004, 09:12 PM
why do people always put SOMETHING in the message, even though they say n/t?? i'll never get it! someone?

MMMMMM
05-10-2004, 09:26 PM
By an off chance, did you happen to miss the "Re:"?

As for my initial post, it used to be that without at least one alphanumeric character, the message was considered incomplete by the system and would not post. Maybe that has changed since then...if you experiment by tinkering around with it, do let us know your results, won't you? Enquiring minds want to know...

daryn
05-10-2004, 11:23 PM
yeah, i have found that posting a message with no characters in the body is OK. i was always curious when i saw you guys putting little symbols in anyway.