PDA

View Full Version : Party 2/4: chesspain vs. ProfLupin...let the fireworks begin!

chesspain
05-09-2004, 08:30 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Fellow 2+2er ProfLupin was MP3, although I did not know it was him until after the hand was over. On the other hand, he knew it was me, since I do not hide behind a nom de plume /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Preflop: chesspain is Button with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 <font color="purple">(ProfLupin)</font> calls, CO folds, chesspain calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">ProfLupin bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">chesspain raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">ProfLupin 3-bets</font>, chesspain calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">ProfLupin bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">chesspain raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, ProfLupin calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
ProfLupin checks, chesspain checks.

Try to guess our hands before looking at the results below.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 12.75 BB, between chesspain and ProfLupin.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Split: chesspain (6.37 BB), ProfLupin (6.37 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
ProfLupin shows 7s 7h (two pair, sevens and fives).
chesspain shows 7d 7c (two pair, sevens and fives).
Outcome: chesspain wins 6.37 BB. ProfLupin wins 6.37 BB. </font>

sfer
05-09-2004, 10:14 AM
Looks like you lost to 88. I don't see Prof 3-betting you on the flop with A6s if he recognizes your handle, not betting a flush on the river, or 3-betting a OESD on a flushy flop. The Prof having 77 seems pretty unlikely and 99 gets raised preflop.

ProfLupin
05-09-2004, 05:18 PM
Actually the funny thing is I was multi-tabling and didn't realize it was chesspain until he raised me on the flop...so now I'm trying to narrow down his hand knowing that he doesn't know I know what I know /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Here was an aproximation of my thought process:
"Ok, he limped preflop, so an overpair isn't likely, so I'm guessing he limped with some suited cards...98 hearts maybe? or A5 or A6 suited? If he's got 65s then he'll probably cap, so if he just calls I'll lead out again."

So then he raises me again on the turn and I started worrying about 88 and A5s and called down. I almost folded on the turn though.