PDA

View Full Version : Neteller questions

twang
05-08-2004, 04:35 PM
Sorry if these questions are stupid and/or have been brought up before:

Being from Sweden, what is the main point(s) of using Neteller? As far as I can see Neteller has one big advantage: You dont have to use your credit card on gambling sites.

But what about cashing out? Unless you are a US citizen, you basically have two options:

1. Reversing your inital credit card transaction. I suppose this means that if you once funded your Neteller account with 50 $, you can only withdraw 50 $.

2. Bank check, for a 1 $ fee. That is ok, but then there is the bank fee. I have never tried to feed my bank account with check from a Neteller, but I have heard that swedish banks fees can be pretty ugly.

To sum up: When it comes to cash outs, it seems to me like Neteller does exactly the same as any poker site does: They reverse cc-transactions and they send you checks. If this is the case, why should I use Neteller? *feels like I have missed something obvious*

Thanks

pelasuni
05-09-2004, 03:33 AM
If you plan to play at more than one site, NeTeller is superb. You can transfer funds between your account and virtually any pokersite without any (or a very small) fee.
When it comes to transfer funds from NeTeller to Sweden, I usually make a purchase at 24hpoker and withdraw to my bankaccount from there, since they support cashouts to swedish bankaccounts. If it's a larger sum, say a couple of K, the bankfee of $10 for cashing in a foreign check aint that heavy.
I strongly recommend NeTEller. They have made e-gaming so much easier!

twang
05-09-2004, 05:50 AM
Thanks pelasuni!

Only 10 $ to cash in a check? Thats good news. What bank was this?

Ro-me-ro
05-09-2004, 06:42 AM
Working in Stars support I have heard some very ugly stories about Swedish bank charges - I would strongly recommend researching this with your local bank(s).

The other very good feature that NETeller has is the NETeller Debit Card. Coming from the UK myself I do not know what I would do with out the NDC now!

Read all about their fee's on their website and if you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM.

Regards,

Ellis

GrannyMae
05-09-2004, 10:21 AM
why does stars remain the only "real" site that does not alllow instacash, ellis? this central coin is shifty IMO, but you guys not having NETeller instacash is just being cheapos.

what say ye

http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/mgboxedin.gif

oh, and don't even hit the switch on me cuz of this negative post. someone already did.

last nights $150 double shootout stat

<font color="red">Posts won at showdown: 0 for 3 (0%)

Flops seen total 12%
hands played 88
</font>

oye

Mackas
05-09-2004, 05:51 PM
Can you get and use a Neteller debit card in the UK then? Can you use it at any ATM? What else can you use it for?

Bob L
05-09-2004, 06:05 PM
I just got the neteller debit card last month.Its awesome.However you are charged a $2 feee for every transfer from your neteller acct to your neteller debit card (up to a $1000).Then you are also charged a 1.75 from the atm per transaction.The key is finding a atm that allows a$1000 per withdrawl.So for every $1000 you are losing $ 3.75 in fees.Maybe thats high but its also nice if you are in a jam.Once money is put in your neteller acct -the rest is all done in minutes.If you happen to play at party -neteller cashouts usually only take a few hrs -so anytime you need a quick $1000 you can get that cash in your hands that very day you need it.To me this is worth the 3.75 in fees.By far in my opinion neteller is the best and fastest way to get your money.If you want to save the fees you are better off just getting a cheque mailed.I do live in Canada so I'm not sure if neteller debit card rules are different from sweden but if they aren't, I highly recommend it.

Jimbo
05-09-2004, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What else can you use it for?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know your qualifications but McGuyver could use it to disarm a nuclear weapon, stop a major city from flooding and break into the girls locker room at UCLA.

Jimbo

Mackas
05-09-2004, 06:08 PM
LMAO /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pelasuni
05-10-2004, 03:16 AM
It was at SEB. Actually they charged me 100SEK so it should be something like $13 to be correct.

pelasuni
05-10-2004, 03:21 AM
If you want a debit card, I would suggest that you take a look at PaySpark instead. They don't charge so heavy fees as NeTeller does. Actually the only fee they have is when you make a withdrawal at the ATM. Purchases are free, no transfer fees and it takes 180 days before your card is deemed dormant instead of 30. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif