PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like this turn semi-bluff checkraise?

chesspain
05-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Opponent in question has been pretty loose and occasionally aggressive preflop [e.g. limping with 86o and 89o and raising from BB with ATo], although he hasn't gotten out of line post-flop.

Preflop: chesspain is BB with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, chesspain checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
chesspain checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, chesspain calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
chesspain checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">chesspain raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, chesspain calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
chesspain checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, chesspain folds.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 10.25 BB, won by UTG.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by UTG.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG doesn't show.
Outcome: UTG wins 11.25 BB. </font>

sfer
05-09-2004, 11:36 AM
Hey Chess, this is similar to a semi-bluff turn checkraise I posted about a week ago. I had a paired flop, a flop raiser to my left who made the turn heads-up, and and a flopped nut-flush draw. What I don't like about it (and also learned the hard way) is that trips will always 3-bet your semi-bluff checkraise.

Ralph Wiggum
05-09-2004, 11:43 AM
Most likely, UTG could have Qx or Tx. If he's got trips, he'll likely reraise you. If he's got the T, he'll probably call you down, since T is the next highest card on the board. Either way, it's bad. Unfortunately for you, you got the worse end of it.

sthief09
05-09-2004, 11:58 AM
the real question is whether he's loose post-flop. against a lot of players, they will call down a turn check-raise automatically with as little as A-high.

with about 8 million outs and a paired board, you really can't go wrong this check-raise, as it wouldn't have to work very often at all for it to turn a profit. do you bet the river if he calls the turn?

I think without the gut shot draw it's probably best not to do this, because I doubt it'll work very often.

you did do a good job of representing the queen. if I didn't see your cards, I would think that's what you have. I wonder what type of responses you would've gotten if you chose to hide what cards you have. personally I would've guessed a bad Q. I think he has KJ but we'll never know.

Your Mom
05-09-2004, 09:55 PM
You feel the need to bluff at 2/4 Party why?

Joe Tall
05-09-2004, 11:24 PM
I don't like it. You picked the wrong player to do it against for sure.

Peace,
Joe Tall

chesspain
05-09-2004, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like it. You picked the wrong player to do it against for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...I figured that out after I got three-bet /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

BeerMoney
05-10-2004, 12:20 AM
I don't care for it. The only thing you'll get to fold in these games is a real lousy hand.

Look Drunk, Play Drunk.
BeerMoney

slavic
05-10-2004, 01:25 AM
You know I've just put this play on the side burner 4/8 and lower. I don't dislike this play what I dislike is getting 3 bet when I have outs, and players that will rarely fold.

Now on the flip side it does keep your game "spicy" for those opponents who are aware.