PDA

View Full Version : was fold ok on the river?

Noodles
05-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed)
Table is fairly passive.
converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Noodles is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Noodles calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.
Is the preflop call alright here,not much pf raising at this table

Flop: (4 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Noodles bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Noodles bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (6.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Noodles bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Noodles folds, Button calls.
My questions are would anyone have checked on the river?
I think the bet is good and is the fold good?

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 11.50 BB, between Button and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (11.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 4h Qh (full house, fours full of queens).
Button shows 5c 5s (two pair, fives and fours).
Outcome: SB wins 11.50 BB. </font>

chesspain
05-08-2004, 12:28 PM
On the river, your bet is fine, since your crappy kicker just got elevated to a Q. Consequently, your fold sucks, since your opponent could also have an ace and could have figured that he would at least split this pot and win some extra money from the third player.

Noodles
05-08-2004, 12:53 PM
O yea i didnt see that,what about the pf limp is that ok on a passive table?

gamblore99
05-08-2004, 03:08 PM
the game must have been very passive to play A7s utg. also the call on the flop from sb seemed a little weak. considering its a passive table i think fold to the check raise was good.

Noodles
05-09-2004, 12:43 PM
What do you mean the call on flop from sb was weak? he had 2 4s then

sthief09
05-09-2004, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the river, your bet is fine, since your crappy kicker just got elevated to a Q. Consequently, your fold sucks, since your opponent could also have an ace and could have figured that he would at least split this pot and win some extra money from the third player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this 100%.

I'll also limp in that spot just about 100% of the time unless the game is especially aggressive or tight.