PDA

View Full Version : Please critique with reasoning and numbers if possible.

ZootMurph
05-08-2004, 11:13 AM
Got a lot of complaints about this hand...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: ZootMurph is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.75.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 (poster) calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, ZootMurph calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

<font color="blue"> UTG has been raising a lot and losing money by showing down subpar hands, so I called for that reason. </font>

Flop: (14 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">ZootMurph raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, ZootMurph calls.

<font color="blue"> I raised here to see where I stand. I have top pair top kicker and want to know if he has an overpair... his reraise says he does... damn </font>

Turn: (13.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, ZootMurph calls.

<font color="blue"> 5 outs. 8.2:1 odds, pot is 13.5. Have odds so I call. </font>

River: (17.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, ZootMurph calls.

<font color="blue"> Beautiful river. I didn't raise in case it was Aces he was holding, although I doubted it. </font>

Final Pot: 20.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 20.50 BB, between UTG, MP2 and ZootMurph.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by ZootMurph (20.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows Ks Kc (two pair, kings and sixes).
MP2 shows Js 9d (two pair, jacks and sixes).
ZootMurph shows Ah Jd (two pair, aces and jacks).
Outcome: ZootMurph wins 20.50 BB. </font>

sfer
05-08-2004, 11:21 AM
Everything is debatable except one thing. Raise the river.

JerseyTom
05-08-2004, 11:38 AM
Given your read on UTG, I have no problem with the pre-flop call. You just happened to be wrong this time (even LAG's run into a hand on occasion).

Flop: This is fine.

Turn:
[ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> 5 outs. 8.2:1 odds, pot is 13.5. Have odds so I call. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, once UTG bets and gets 2 callers, your odds are 16.5:1. Definite call.

River: Since this is one of the outs you were using to justify your turn call, you have to raise here, no? If you had any reason to believe that an A on the river wouldn't be "clean", then you needed to fold the turn (you'd be drawing to 2 outs, the jacks).

MortalNuts
05-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Pre-flop: I normally view AJo as an easy muck to an EP raiser. But with all those cold-callers, and the possibility that he's raising lightly, I'd call here as well.

Flop: I would probably just call UTG's flop bet, planning to raise a turn blank. This is the second hand in a few days with almost this exact situation -- you have TPTK in a big pot on a draw-y board, when multiple players have already put money in on this street. We can talk about this more if you want. Since you raised, though, I think just calling the 3-bet is fine.

Turn: the way you played it (raising the flop), this is fine.

River: You know you have to raise here. /images/graemlins/smile.gif If nothing else, think of it this way: there is exactly one way he could have been dealt AA given your holding and the board. There are 6 ways he could be dealt KK, 6 ways for QQ, etc., plus some chance he's playing some other hand this way, so he's a huge favorite NOT to have Aces. Raise, raise, raise.

just my 2c.

cheers,

mn