PDA

View Full Version : A couple more no limit situations

davidross
05-08-2004, 10:55 AM
Maybe there is hopeafter all. I won a seat into Sunday's WSOP qualifier last night. !4 seats were up for grabs, and again I was in a bubble positioln for the last 6 tables it seemed. This time I got a couple of breaks when the blinds got large, a free BB is gold at this stage, and then 66 in the SB won against A3 in the BB and I was pretty safe.

2 hands I wanted to ask about, that obviously worked but I'm wondering if they were the right play.

1st hand. 3rd round, blinds are 15/30. I am UTG(1430) with Ah Kc and I make it 90 to go. 1 call from MP(1610) and then the SB(1620) makes it 300 to go. I just re-read TPFAP that afternoon and the part about AK being such a good all-in hand because you will see all 5 cards was fresh in my mind. I don't like just calling here, so my big decision was whether I thought he had AA or KK. I decided he didn't and pushed all-in to put the decision on him. MP folded and SB called and turned over QQ. I hit a K and more than doubled up. Worth the gamble?

Much later, we are down to 4 tables and I'm slightly above average with 10,000 chips. THere have been fewer and fewer flops seen as people are waiting for big hands. I get Ac Jc in EP and with blinds at 400/800 I make it 2400 to go. LP with around 7500 pushes all in. 5K more to me and I fold. I think it's a good fold, I still had 7600 so I don't think I was pot committed. What do you think about my play here? Should this hand be played? (I think I have to try and steal some blinds to stay at my chip position) is 3X the BB still a good size for the bet? Do I have to call his raise here?

mrbaseball
05-08-2004, 12:24 PM
Hand one - I'd come over the top with AK in that situation too. Especially early on in the tournament and especially if I had him covered (which you didn't) but I'd take that gamble in that spot.

Hand 2 - Late in tourney, I'd just as soon fold anything in early position. I'd rather raise 3X with any 2 cards in later position of an unopened pot. AJ sucks in my opinion (although this is sooooted) and especially if someone comes over the top of you. If I did make this early raise (I sometimes do) I would definitely pitch it to a reraise. If all my chips go in I wanna put them there first or have a very big hand when the other guy does. I think 3X is fine for a preflop raise.