PDA

View Full Version : Am I losing a bet on this river or maybe even turn?

RED_RAIN
05-08-2004, 04:19 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks.

River: (4.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: 4.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 4.75 BB, between Hero, UTG and MP2.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (4.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Jc Jd (one pair, jacks).
UTG shows Td Ac (high card, ace).
MP2 shows Qh Ts (high card, king).
Outcome: Hero wins 4.75 BB. </font>

thirddan
05-08-2004, 04:32 AM
i would bet the turn...

the river is kinda scary since it puts a 4 straight on the board...

RED_RAIN
05-08-2004, 04:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i would bet the turn...

the river is kinda scary since it puts a 4 straight on the board...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree witht he bet on the turn. I wasn't sure if I should. Is there reasoning or odds to why bet here with 2 callers?

thirddan
05-08-2004, 04:47 AM
depending on your reads of the two callers your hand will be good here a lot of the time especially with only one overcard on the board...and if you are raised i think you have pretty easy fold...

chesspain
05-08-2004, 09:00 AM
I would bet the turn. You have:

1) no reason to think you are behind to a K,
2) no reason to think anyone else will bet this hand for you,
3) no reason to give a free card to a Q or A, and
4) no reason not to be comforted by your just having picked up a redraw to the third nut flush if you behind.

All-in-all, I see no reason to not bet the turn.

SpaceAce
05-08-2004, 09:50 AM
I know it can be a little spooky when people keep calling you and you don't have the nuts but trust me: it means nothing. People at the micro limit tables will constantly call you with underpairs, undercards, backdoor flush draws, gutshots and ten-high. I think you should at least bet the turn, here.

SpaceAce