PDA

View Full Version : My first 2+2 sng

spazm6666
05-08-2004, 03:07 AM
Loved it. Had a blast. Y'all play too tight.

No criticizms but I stole a few but also had greatcards. And I think if doc wasn't lying I pushed him out of a pot with AK when i also had AK just by more aggressive betting.

U all taught me a lot but switch it up. I took advantage and won, don't let me do it again. U guys rock, thanks for all the help and tips and more... see y'all next thursday i hope.

the new guy. I love this group. Maybe i can sneak into the euro/nm thing???

t_perkin
05-08-2004, 11:47 AM
yup, everyone welcome to join the Euro/US challenge, get you name donwn on DrPhysics post and pick the 4 top players if you want to be up for William's bounty.

Try a few more 2+2 events before you comment on your ability to steal /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good to have you along

Tim

DrPhysic
05-08-2004, 11:56 AM
No, Doc wasn't lying. Not my style. I may not give you any more info than I have to, but I don't lie about what I'm holding. Usually I just shut up.

Nice bet.

Don't try it too often, people are taking notes.

You are welcome in the NA vs EU tournament. Make sure you find my post and register for a team.

Doc

Sheriff Fatman
05-08-2004, 01:04 PM
First of all, congrats on the win. Well done.

Second, don't be too sure about us being too tight. Some of us can bluff too!

Unfortunately my pattern map proved itself faulty once we were down to 4 - lost two big pots in a row whilst chip leader to turn and river suckouts so I was glad you won after that as you knocked out the two offenders responsible.

Hope to see you again next week.

Sheriff

POKERSTARS GAME #422942623: TOURNAMENT #1560650, HOLD'EM NO LIMIT - LEVEL V (75/150) - 2004/05/06 - 20:57:16 (ET)
Table '1560650 1' Seat #8 is the button
Seat 2: debaser (4235 in chips)
Seat 3: leonidp (4590 in chips)
Seat 4: skaboomizzy (1185 in chips)
Seat 5: heyrocker (1080 in chips)
Seat 6: codewarrior (2955 in chips)
Seat 7: mack98 (3900 in chips)
Seat 8: dr. jekyl (955 in chips)
Seat 9: spazm6666 (8100 in chips)
spazm6666: posts small blind 75
debaser: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to debaser [4d 9s]
leonidp: folds
skaboomizzy: folds
heyrocker: folds
codewarrior: folds
mack98: folds
dr. jekyl: folds
spazm6666: calls 75
debaser: checks
*** FLOP *** [Kc 6c 5d]
spazm6666: checks
debaser: checks
*** TURN *** [Kc 6c 5d] [3d]
spazm6666: bets 300
debaser: calls 300
*** RIVER *** [Kc 6c 5d 3d] [8c]
spazm6666: checks
debaser: bets 450
spazm6666 said, "yours"
spazm6666: folds
debaser collected 900 from pot
debaser: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 900 | Rake 0
Board [Kc 6c 5d 3d 8c]
Seat 2: debaser (big blind) collected (900)
Seat 3: leonidp folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: skaboomizzy folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: heyrocker folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: codewarrior folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: mack98 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: dr. jekyl (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: spazm6666 (small blind) folded on the River

PrayingMantis
05-09-2004, 02:51 AM
Congrats on your win.

Just one comment. Saying to the whole field of players, in a same game, that they all "play too tight", is meaningless - that's because playing "too tight" or "too loose", is relevant just for a specific player, in a specific field. It's paradoxical to argue that the whole field is "too something". It's like going to a 100/200 limit game, and telling the players they *all* play too tight. Do you see what I mean?

It's possible, however, that they do play too tight, against *you*, when in a hand. That's a completely different thing, and it's nice of you that you let everybody know that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway, only some points to think about. Good luck in your next games too!

Girazze
05-09-2004, 03:04 AM
Did you notice your wallet missing after the tournament? Now, who's the thief? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'll be signing up for PokerStars soon, Doc! See you guys on the table. Be gentle!!

La Brujita
05-09-2004, 03:21 AM
Praying Mantis I am drunk and tired so forgive me if I make no sense-and I have not read most of the rest of the thread-but I don't understand your post. If you were at a table and everyone folded everything but AA they would all be playing too tight and you could exploit that whether it was 1/2 or 100/200. It is not paradoxical because you would always be able to steal blinds or fold to a reraise.

When I sober up tomorrow I will come back.

Best regards

PrayingMantis
05-09-2004, 07:05 AM
Yes, posting while drunk is pretty good. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

OK, LB, I'll try to make my point more clear.

Your example is actually good - if everybody is folding everything but AA, *YOU* are playing too tight if you don't steal on your left and right, but not *EVERYBODY* (unless you mean it for the certain hands they fold to *you*). This might sound a bit philosophical, but I think it's relevant.

The field (i.e, *all* the players) in a specific game plays in an X way, tight, loose, passive, whatever. The field, By itself, does not win or lose money (although it can lose more or less to the house, but that's a completely different problem), and does not have any EV (unless they collude /images/graemlins/grin.gif), hence, its play is not good or bad, or too tight, or anything else, it's just how it is. *Each one* of them might be playing "too tight", since he deosn't take advantage of the overall tightness of the field. But to say that *all of them* are playing too tight, is meaningless, in my view, as it will be meaningless to watch a 0.5/1 game, and claim that *everyone* is playing "too loose".

Talking about better or optimal play in poker, is meaningful only when related to a specific player in a field. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense.

That's how I see it. But maybe I'm way off here. Maybe this discussion sould be moved to the poker theory forum? Or to the semantics forum? Anyway, what do you think? (hope the hangover is not too bad /images/graemlins/tongue.gif).

spazm6666
05-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Things came up and I missed the Euro game, :-(

Thanks for the tips and not to rip me a new butthole. I was drunk when i posted. Hope i didn't come off as haughty or arrogant. And looking back i had a larger number of good cards than is normal, but i still played them aggressive even when the board flopped against me and took a few pots I could have easily lost if enough ppl had played back at me.

And while I guess I can't classify the whole group as tight, we do occassionally say a table is playing 'tight' or 'loose'. I think is what I was trying to say. People were not playing many hands. It seemed... I guess maybe I want to say, easy to steal the blinds from a middle or late position a few times and sometimes when i didn't want to. A few times I raised and took the blinds when I wanted a caller or two.

And I know I am giving up a bit of info saying all this, but I have also been trying to change up my game and shift gears more often while playing to 'adapt' to a particular table. And if I am being watched and know it, that will force me to think about my play even more. Forced discipline i guess. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks again all! See ya thursday i hope!