PDA

View Full Version : Trips with a 1 suite flop

Ogre
05-08-2004, 01:34 AM
I don't play Sng's very often but this situation is been happining a few times and I am never sure what the right play is.
I flop trips with 1 suite flop, somebody makes a big bet or goes all-in in front of me. whats my play?

Thanks

eastbay
05-08-2004, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't play Sng's very often but this situation is been happining a few times and I am never sure what the right play is.
I flop trips with 1 suite flop, somebody makes a big bet or goes all-in in front of me. whats my play?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

How many saw the flop? That's the major variable as to whether to fear the monochrome board or not.

eastbay

Ogre
05-08-2004, 02:43 PM
The most recient hand I remember was 4 people saw the flop, the first person to act went all in and then it was to me and 2 people were left to act after me.

eastbay
05-08-2004, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The most recient hand I remember was 4 people saw the flop, the first person to act went all in and then it was to me and 2 people were left to act after me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would call most of the time here. The all-in here is often an attempt to protect a hand like top pair against flush draws to one-suited hands. But of course a tricky player might go "level 2" on that thinking and push with his flush here.

So, in general, I think this is a call. Grain of salt, though. I am a winning but not extremely experienced player.

eastbay

Ogre
05-08-2004, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the help

Girazze
05-09-2004, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But of course a tricky player might go "level 2" on that thinking and push with his flush here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing with the flush may also be a reason to be safe against someone with a card of the same suit in his hand but only having one of them. Lets say you have a 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif flop and have the 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif in your hand. If someone else has the K /images/graemlins/heart.gif or the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif but it is the only heart in their hand, you want it to be very expensive for them to chase the flush.

eastbay
05-09-2004, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But of course a tricky player might go "level 2" on that thinking and push with his flush here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing with the flush may also be a reason to be safe against someone with a card of the same suit in his hand but only having one of them. Lets say you have a 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif flop and have the 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif in your hand. If someone else has the K /images/graemlins/heart.gif or the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif but it is the only heart in their hand, you want it to be very expensive for them to chase the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. But I think it is much less often the case that your opponent is protecting a flush, than he is protecting a hand like TPTK or two pair.

Even in the worst case scenario you still have outs to fill up on, so it is not doomsday even when the flush is there.

eastbay