PDA

View Full Version : Yet again.......the RIVER!!!!

sublime
05-07-2004, 11:09 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Hmmmmm, I am still pretty confident I have the best hand.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

River: (9.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>

Okay, 2 pair, but the board is coordinated...I raised, but SHOULD have I?

UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets $6 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls.

After villians bet, I figured he was on 2 pair also. QJ limp in the CO is an idea that crossed my mind.....thoughts?

Final Pot: 15.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 15.75 BB, between CO and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by CO (15.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
CO shows Th As (straight, ace high).
Hero shows Jh Kh (two pair, kings and jacks).
Outcome: CO wins 15.75 BB. </font>

Ralph Wiggum
05-07-2004, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I raise. I expect that I'm beat on the reraise, but call anyways.

DoctorDrew
05-08-2004, 09:20 AM
I would probably raise here as well. I don't think AT was out of the question at Party. He did close the action and you could have a weaker hand on the button with all the folding ahead of you. Then he's got an overcard and a gutshot. A party'er will NOT fold this hand.

If he had QJ, wouldn't you have expected some action from him on the flop? Unless you think CO is a solid player, I don't think you can ever exclude AT. Party people love this hand! I guess you should have considered that prior to the raise. Sometimes we forget what villan's will call with.

sublime
05-09-2004, 02:23 AM
any other thoughts on this?