PDA

View Full Version : party poker

jrcst
05-07-2004, 10:16 PM
Has anybody ever wander if party poker is fixed.i am either the unluckest player alive or its fixed. i have lost the last 14 out of 16 flopped straights, 1 tie, 9 of the last 10 with AA, 8of the last 10 of KK,16 of 17 with QQ or JJ. and 90% of these losses have been to hands A4,J7 or /images/graemlins/confused.gifQt

William
05-07-2004, 10:21 PM
i am either the unluckest player alive or its fixed.

You're the unluckiest player alive /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Please tell me when you usually play...

William

daryn
05-07-2004, 10:50 PM
i'll answer one of these seriously for once.

if you're asking this question, you seriously don't understand poker theory. i suggets you try reading a few 2+2 books, theory of poker, holdem for advanced players, etc.

these things happen in poker, and they are magnified in your mind because of the speed in which hands are dealt online. if you compiled a huge database of the hands you were dealt (using a large sample) you will see the stats conform to what you would expect even if you were physically dealing out cards on your kitchen table.

seriously, keep visiting the forum and posting and asking questions, it's the best thing for your game.

umdpoker
05-07-2004, 11:28 PM
i always like to blame these ridiculous string of beats on god. he is evil and abusues his power over the powerless.

Cubswin
05-07-2004, 11:38 PM
"...thus it is that natural men are held in the hand of God, over the pit of hell; they have deserved the fiery pit, and are already sentenced to it; and God is dreadfully provoked, his anger is as great towards them as to those that are actually suffering the executions of the fierceness of his wrath in hell, and they have done nothing in the least to appease or abate that anger, neither is God in the least bound by any promise to hold them up one moment; the devil is waiting for them, hell is gaping for them, the flames gather and flash about them, and would fain lay hold on them, and swallow them up; the fire pent up in their own hearts is struggling to break out: and they have no interest in any Mediator, there are no means within reach that can be any security to them. In short, they have no refuge, nothing to take hold of; all that preserves them every moment is the mere arbitrary will, and uncovenanted, unobliged forbearance of an incensed God."

One million points to the first person who can name the author of the never-ending sentence. No cheating by googling.

TimM
05-07-2004, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One million points to the first person who can name the author of the never-ending sentence. No cheating by googling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grrrr. My 11th grade English teacher made us read this crap. It's from Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God. I had to cheat with Google for the author though. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

chesspain
05-08-2004, 01:39 AM
I will play poker with you on Party anytime! Just remind me to never take the same commercial airline flight as you.

Michael Davis
05-08-2004, 01:45 AM
Post the transcripts, Liar. All of them.

-Michael

umdpoker
05-08-2004, 02:21 AM
hey, i had to read this crap in 11th grade too! i couldn't quite remember the name of it, but i knew "angry god" was in there.

Lazymeatball
05-08-2004, 03:08 PM
It must be the standard for 11th grade english classes everywhere because I read it too, or at least this excerpt. Something to do with our section on American Short Story writers.

sthief09
05-08-2004, 03:16 PM
daryn

please be more angry and sarcastic next time. I saw you responded and was hoping for a good laugh /images/graemlins/mad.gif