PDA

View Full Version : QQ in SB with paired board

JEM7VSBL
05-07-2004, 10:12 PM
UTG is a tight passive player. this might have been the second or third hand he was in after about an orbit or two.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: JEM is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, JEM raises, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

<font color="blue"> i'm not sure whether a raise from the blinds is smart here. i know i'm probably holding the best hand, so i raised for value. should i have just called given my poor position? </font>

Flop: (9 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
JEM bets, UTG calls, MP1 folds, Button calls.

<font color="blue"> not the kind of flop i was looking for, but i will always bet out here even with the pair showing. i figured they would let me know if they had a jack. </font>

Turn: (6 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
JEM bets, UTG calls, Button calls.

<font color="blue"> this card didn't help anyone. i figure one has overcards or a smaller pocket pair. still no raise from either player. </font>

River: (9 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
JEM bets, UTG raises, Button calls, JEM calls.

<font color="blue"> this card is not good...even if someone held the 3, they would still beat me here. i'm not sure why i bet out. would you check/fold in this situation? </font>

Final Pot: 15 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 15 BB, between Button, JEM and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (15 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
JEM shows Qs Qd (two pair, queens and jacks).
UTG shows Js Ah (full house, jacks full of threes).
Button shows Qc 3c (full house, threes full of jacks).
Outcome: UTG wins 15 BB. </font>

<font color="blue"> a few questions. raise QQ from SB? keep betting out on the turn when no one has raised on a paired flop? where would have been a good place to dump this hand, if at all?</font>

B Dids
05-07-2004, 10:15 PM
I think you played it fine. You can't be scared of the "monsters under the bed". UTG played this hand lousy almost the whole way, thank him for not costing you more money.

And yeah- raise with QQ from anywhere, and always lead at that flop.