PDA

View Full Version : Humor at its finest/what the hell was I doing?

B Dids
05-07-2004, 09:54 PM
Hand 1- BB is a total maniac. Capping almost every street with nothing. MP3 has been fighting with him with almost equally big hands. I've been waiting forever for a hand to take them on with, and then the fun starts.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Dids is UTG with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Dids raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Dids caps</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (18.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Dids raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, Dids calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (15.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Dids raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Dids caps</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls.

River: (27.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Dids raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps $3.5 (All-In)</font>, Dids calls, MP3 pauses... waits and types "ty, full house" and calls only to learn the ugly truth.

Final Pot: 37.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Jh 2h (two pair, jacks and sixes).
Dids shows Jd Js (full house, jacks full of sixes).
MP3 shows 6s Tc (full house, sixes full of tens).
Outcome: Dids wins 37.75 BB. </font>

Hand 2 (different table)- my brain farts and I think I've got an OESD on the flop. So I call all the bets, which was probably dumd in and of itself. Then the ace flops and I feel bound to the pot because it's so large. Your thoughts?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Dids is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Dids raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, Dids calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Dids calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Dids calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Dids calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (17.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Dids calls, MP1 calls, Button calls, BB folds.

River: (21.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Dids calls, MP1 folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 24.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows 9c 9h (three of a kind, nines).
Dids shows Ad Qd (one pair, aces).
Button shows Js Jd (three of a kind, jacks).
Outcome: Button wins 24.75 BB. </font>

symphonic
05-07-2004, 10:39 PM
Hand 2: When the flop comes back to you for 2 more bets, just let it go, you are beat.

B Dids
05-07-2004, 10:44 PM
I THOUGHT I had an OESD*. Let's all pretend that was the case- do you still lay down (assume in this hypothetical that the flop is 9TJ)?

*- this is the misread that I still make the most. Annoying and problematic.

DoctorDrew
05-07-2004, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1

[/ QUOTE ]

High comedy Dids. Go get 'em.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2 (different table)- my brain farts and I think I've got an OESD on the flop. So I call all the bets, which was probably dumd in and of itself. Then the ace flops and I feel bound to the pot because it's so large. Your thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

When did you realize you did not have the OESD? Your message implies you knew it by the turn. If so, did you really think the Ace was good with all that flop action? If not I guess it is OK to call on the turn, although I would have been worried about another raising war, which incidentally should have happened.

Plus, you gotta check/fold the river unimproved.

B Dids
05-07-2004, 11:41 PM
Yeah- I realized on the turn- and couldn't convince myself that my Ace wasn't good.