PDA

View Full Version : AKo in MP1 - when to give up?

easypete
05-07-2004, 06:09 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="purple">Don't like the bet/raise here, so I slow down. Should I fold here? He just beat me on the last hand AK vs AQ w/ a flopped A. Think he's playing a rush here. </font>

Turn: (5.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="purple">I know... it's weak, but what else should I do?</font>

River: (7.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 9.75 BB, between Hero and UTG+1.</font>

Results later.

thirddan
05-07-2004, 06:41 PM
i don't see any huge problem with calling him down...do you have any notes or reads on this player?

sfer
05-07-2004, 08:14 PM
Why didn't you cap the flop?

asdf1234
05-07-2004, 08:16 PM
Cap the flop, then maybe just call down if he leads into you on the turn.

Brain
05-07-2004, 08:21 PM
He didn't re-raise you before the flop and now you've got TPTK and you want to fold here? No way, cap the flop and call down if you have to. And if you think he's playing a rush, get all the money you can out of him with your TPTK.

easypete
05-07-2004, 09:52 PM
I should have capped the flop. Normally I would have, but I've just gotten slammed by this guy in the hand before. I only saw him raise AA and AK pf. Other than that, he was aggressive post flop w/ good hands.

I can't believe he would have re-raised me without having something better than a pair... I put him on trips.

I should have capped the flop, but I had a moment of weakness.

He ended up flipping over T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. UGH.

StellarWind
05-07-2004, 10:03 PM
An aggressive player could easily have one pair or QJ for a heads up 3-bet on the flop. If he is still aggressive on the turn after you hit him again you may have a problem.

Either cap the flop or raise the turn. Then you can call him down if necessary.