PDA

View Full Version : Bunky's bizzaro play of the day!

bunky9590
05-07-2004, 05:28 PM
Okay, I haven't been posting here much as I have been playing tons of No limit. (and making a killing BTW) But, I made the final table of the Prima 7500 last night and wasnt tired when I busted out so I decided to go beat up the 5-10 limit.

Here goes. Main villian in the hand is a good player, knows the game and will semi bluff and plays like me hyper fast when in a pot. Game is very loose and passive preflop. Post flop really board and player dependent.

Bunky is on the button with 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif and calls after 5 limpers, blinds complete/check. 7 to the flop with no raise. ($35.00 in pot)

Flop ($35.00) 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB leads out, BB calls, EP calls, Mp calls, folded to me and I raise, SB (villian) three bets, only BB and MP call, I obviously call (though the cap did occur to me)

Turn: ($100.00 in pot and destined to get bigger)
Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Sb bets, BB calls, MP calls, I just call.

River: ($140.00 in pot) Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB bets, BB folds, MP folds, I raise, Sb thinks and finally calls.

Thoughts: See if you put him on the same hand I did.
I know he didnt have the Queen with the three bet on the flop. It looked like a good but vulnerable hand to me and wanted to thin the field. (worked for me, I wanted him to thin the field.)

I know on the turn that I did NOT want the flush card to come. People are calling there and I am pretty sure my 9 high flush would get stomped.

Why the raise on the river? Bizzaro land.

If you can put him on the same hand I put him on, you'll see why I raised the river.

I'll post results later.

Richie Rich
05-07-2004, 05:50 PM
I'd most likely put your opponent on a pocket pair higher than the flop cards...something like JJ/10s. A higher flush draw (like AK/AJ /images/graemlins/club.gif) is a remote possibility.

bunky9590
05-07-2004, 05:59 PM
remember, I said he was a hyper fast player when he was in a pot. He would have most certainly raised through the field with JJ or TT there. He would probably raise down through 88 which would be all overpairs to the flop.

The SB complete could literally be any two cards with as many limpers as he had to him.

asdf1234
05-07-2004, 06:47 PM
I assume you put him on 72, 73 or 32.

bakku
05-07-2004, 06:48 PM
I'm guessing villain would probably complete any two suited from the SB after all these limpers and flopped a crappy two pair. The river Q counterfeit his hand so you have a raise. Close?

bunky9590
05-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Exactamundo!

I put him on 73 or 23 at that point through the hand. It was the only thing it could be aside from 33 or 22. but I wasnt ready to give him credit for the set without at least one last river raise now could I?

bunky9590
05-07-2004, 06:51 PM
assumption correct

chesspain
05-07-2004, 07:19 PM
Looks good...I'm assuming if you were three-bet on the river you would have called with big tears in your eyes?

offTopic
05-07-2004, 07:32 PM
...not that I would be capable of making this read at the table, but villain has one of 32s, 73s, or, *ugh* 72s, which he was desperately trying to protect on the flop. You just counterfeited him, and your 9 kicker plays. Ni han. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bunky9590
05-07-2004, 08:56 PM
big fat juicy crocodile tears

bunky9590
05-07-2004, 08:59 PM
Yeah, you all were pretty much right on. Villian indeed had 73s for the counterfeited two pair on the river and the nine kicker played.

Anybody else trust the read and pop the river there as well?

Thanks for all the replies.