PDA

View Full Version : It Doesn't Just Happen Online

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-07-2004, 04:54 PM
Case in point for those who see a series of bad beats online and question the fairness of the site: The following four examples all occurred in the same single-table Act I satellite at Foxwoods today. I was not involved in the first two hands, but I was involved in the last two.

Hand 1: AA all-in vs. 55. 5 on the river wins.

Hand 2: QQ all-in vs. JJ. J on the river wins.

Hand 3: Blinds 100-200. I'm in the SB with 1000 after posting. Folded to me. I go all-in with AJo. BB (big stack) calls with A5s. Board double pairs and we split the pot.

Hand #4: Last hand of the 100/200 level. I'm in the BB with 1150. One limper to me, I again have AJo. I raise all-in. Limper frets about it and finally calls with QJo, flops a Q and cripples me.

So when you see a bunch of outcomes like this, it's not that the site is rigged. It's just poker.

fat_nutz
05-07-2004, 05:59 PM
nobody cares

ThaSaltCracka
05-07-2004, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nobody cares

[/ QUOTE ]
about you

DOTTT
05-07-2004, 06:50 PM

mackthefork
05-07-2004, 07:25 PM
What is it with you man, your message has no meaning or use, what is the point of wasting your energy posting it!!

NotMitch
05-07-2004, 07:53 PM
Kurn,

How tough are the Act I's? Im sure I will make it down to FW at some point this month and Id like to try them.

LivingLegend58
05-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Do you actually think that some sites are worse than others for tourney bad beats. so what that there were two, two-outers hit.

M.B.E.
05-09-2004, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you actually think that some sites are worse than others for tourney bad beats. so what that there were two, two-outers hit.

[/ QUOTE ]
A+ for reading comprehension.

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-09-2004, 08:38 AM
Wow. Talk about not getting the point. Or were you just drunk when you read my post?

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-09-2004, 08:43 AM
Last year they weren't evry tough at all, and this year the payout structure (3 get into the Act II instead of 2)is better. My bust out not withstanding, it still seems reasonable to expect to get into an Act II better than half the time.

Stoneii
05-09-2004, 10:30 AM
Leave him be, he's just upset that he's still wriggling on my little fishies hook from the Euro/NA tournie yesterday /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lol - didn't hear too many wise-assed fishy remarks from him then /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tripdad
05-09-2004, 02:52 PM
same stuff happens in my home tourneys. my brother being the biggest suck-out artist.

example: i have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifon the button, folded to me, i raise 3xBB(my brother).he calls. heads up.

flop: 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

i make a pot size bet, he calls.

turn: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

i put him all in (i have him just barely covered)
he hesitates before calling, then flips over 77.

river: you guessed it, 9. all over for me, as i go out next hand on the bubble.

that's poker folks, but i will tell you i log all of our poker winnings/losings(all the regulars), and i've won nearly 4 times more money than anyone else in our games.

cheers!