PDA

View Full Version : Push or Fold?

DOTTT
05-07-2004, 10:34 AM
Final table of a $20 re buy tourney. 44 enter and top 4 get paid. Were down to 8. Stacks at the table are as follows.

Seat 1-7000
Seat 3-2900
Hero (sb)-5600
Seat 5 (bb)-10300
Seat 6 - 4900
Seat 8– 4200
Seat 9- 4000
Seat10- 2400

Blinds are at 300/600 the button is at seat 3. utg (seat6) limps in, utg+1 (seat8) moves all in. It’s folded around to me in the sb and I find JJ. No solid read on seat8, but I did see him call an all in with A5 after limping in and getting raised all in, he sucked out on AQ with a 5 on the flop, but he hasn't played a hand in two orbits. So, do you push here or is this an easy fold?

The Prince
05-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Hi,

easy all-in.

With so few chips in play, it would be pretty hard for me to fold here. And given your description it's pretty automatic.

Nicolas Fradet
www.wptinsider.com (http://www.wptinsider.com)

fnord_too
05-07-2004, 01:48 PM
I'd say push. There is a strong chance you are ahead here, seat may call all in or fold, doesn't really matter that much. You have them both covered and seat 8 could be pushing with almost anything. (any read on seat 6? is he someone who would obviously call here if you fold? If so, you need to give a little more credit to 8's all in, but not much.) If you loose, you are hurt bad but not out, and if you win you take the chip lead. I'd push here and I am more reluctant than most to enter a pot where I cant be the aggressor.

DOTTT
05-10-2004, 11:34 AM
I pushed in. Limper folded and he showed AK. An ace hit the turn and I was crippled, but I somehow managed to finish 4th. The reason I posted the hand was because of the limper that sort off complicated the situation. There wasn't a lot of limping on the table so I was wondering if utg was trapping. I felt I had the all in beat maybe even dominated if he was moving all in with a smaller pair. Thanks for the replies.

SossMan
05-10-2004, 01:13 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about the UTG limp...sometimes you'll see a monster here, but more often than not, he'll muck to any significant action. It's pretty hard without any solid reads. I hate to throw away a group 1 hand here with the blinds so high. I would probably grit my teeth and push here and pray that he's overplaying a smaller pair. I would guess that 50% of the time you are against overcards, 25% of the time you are against an underpair, 10% of the time you are against an overpair, and 15% you are against Ace-rag or JQ or some other junk.
I'm interested to see how some others would play this.

DogFace
05-10-2004, 03:36 PM
Personally, I'd probably lay it down. You have to think that at best he has one high card or a lower pair while at worst he has two overcards or a better pair. I'd rather not take my chances, especially if I thought I could outplay most of the people at the table.