PDA

View Full Version : Blind defense, how did I do?

Peter
05-07-2004, 08:23 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

I have no read on the SB yet.

Preflop: Peter is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Folded to SB who raises, Peter 3-bets, SB caps, Peter calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB bets, Peter raises, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB bets, Peter calls.

River: (8 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB bets, Peter calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Guido
05-07-2004, 08:48 AM
Nice hand (and you know that), next hand...

Guido

Peter
05-07-2004, 09:56 AM
Considering you always say you suck at heads-up, I'll ignore your response and wait for some real ones /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Peter

Guido
05-07-2004, 10:10 AM
I suck because I never flop something /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Peter
05-08-2004, 09:07 AM
No one raises the turn?

Peter

bernie
05-08-2004, 04:06 PM
Raise the turn.

b

asdf1234
05-08-2004, 04:29 PM
I would raise the turn almost every time.

Peter
05-09-2004, 03:30 AM
That was the response I was expecting, but why do you raise? Do you raise because you figure you still have the best hand, or because you got some extra outs with the flush draw coming in?
Do you still raise if the turn doesn't bring a club? And what do you do if 3 bet? In this case, I figure you have to call down, but is it the same if the turn isn't a club?

Thanks,

Peter

Warik
05-09-2004, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That was the response I was expecting, but why do you raise? Do you raise because you figure you still have the best hand, or because you got some extra outs with the flush draw coming in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Primarily because I figure myself to have the best hand. The flush draw is a nice bonus.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you still raise if the turn doesn't bring a club?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Again - you probably have the best hand at this point.

[ QUOTE ]
And what do you do if 3 bet? In this case, I figure you have to call down, but is it the same if the turn isn't a club?

[/ QUOTE ]

Either way I would call down if I'm 3-bet on the turn. He might have flopped/turned two pair or a set. If the 3rd club comes on the river, I'm firing away though.

Great blind defense.

bernie
05-09-2004, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you raise because you figure you still have the best hand, or because you got some extra outs with the flush draw coming in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you still raise if the turn doesn't bring a club?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would. I wouldnt mind taking the pot right here. If he calls, then i might just check behind on the river if i dont improve. I want some info on him, so ill fore-go the possibility of him folding to a single bet to get it. If he calls a river bet, i may also not have the best hand. Others may have a different view on betting this river. If you bet it and he folds, info-wise, youve gained nothing, really. But a trade-off is he doesnt get anything either.

[ QUOTE ]
And what do you do if 3 bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not folding this hand. You are against an unknown. Which can also be a case for just calling down when he just bets the turn. Though i think it's kind of weak to do that, i can see doing it for the info. I also want to see what type of hand he'd 3 bet the turn with in this spot.

b

Peter
05-10-2004, 03:51 AM
Thanks, I figured I should have raised the turn, and called down if 3 bet (unless the flush or str8 hit of course).
I still get a little frightened when I raise the flop and get bet into again on the turn. I had this happen to me two days ago and I kept raising that time. Felt good, I'll post some of those hands later.

Peter