PDA

View Full Version : Is Party Poker really that much better than, say, Pokerroom?

Schizoguy
05-07-2004, 08:19 AM
I do okay for myself at Pokerroom (except for last night, which I don't want to talk about) (*expletive deleted* river).

However, I keep hearing stories about how loose Partypoker is, how all the fish are biting there, and whatnot. Are the proportion and size of the fish there really significantly more than at the other sites? Does the different population translate to an increase of winnings for Hero large enough to justify switching sites?

Are there any other benefits to playing at Partypoker? At Pokerroom, player points are just about worthless (100 hands' worth cash out for $1, no thanks), but they have this neat promotion whereby, if someone at your table gets a royal flush in diamonds, everyone at the table gets 50, and the lucky fellow gets $500 (plus whatever he won on that fateful hand). I've gotten the $50 once, and been close to the $500 once (if by "close" I mean "why oh why didn't that Jd fall?")

Are there any secondary benefits to playing at Party Poker?

illunious
05-20-2004, 01:18 AM
I can't speak for the quality of Pokerroom opponents. I suggest downloading the Party client and observing some of the micro Party action.