PDA

View Full Version : I never know how to play these ones...

joker122
05-06-2004, 09:16 PM
BB hasn't shown down a hand yet. He seems like a typical player, maybe a little tighter.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.16 BB

Comments?

joker122
05-07-2004, 12:05 AM
BB had AcKc and HHWG. Comments?

cold_cash
05-07-2004, 01:28 AM
I think you did okay.

I'm sure there's another level of poker that a lot of posters have reached that allows them to fold this hand somewhere along the way. I am nowhere near that level, and I don't know exactly how to play these kinds of hands either.

I usually end up thinking, "Well, he might have me beat, but instead of folding I'm going to call him down so he can show me his QQ or his funky two pair or whatever." There's got to be a better way of doing it, no?

adanthar
05-07-2004, 01:45 AM
Think of it this way:
-On the flop, there's a handful of hands that don't beat you that would 3 bet. Those are mostly flush draws with the very rare overaggressive AK. Other than that one hand, you're already behind to everything that *would* 3 bet preflop except A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
-On the turn, a 9 falls, so if he was a LAG that 3 bet 99 you're behind to that, too. Nonetheless, you have to call just in case it's the draw.
-On the river, you're dead to everything except the Party T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif special. After thinking over this hand, I think I fold there (or on the flop, because JJ is unprofitable for me and I'm thinking hands like this are why.)