PDA

View Full Version : difficult situation

FletchJr.
05-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Here's a hand that was altogether just a mess.
How should it be played and why?
I have no reads

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>

River: (10.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 13.50 BB, between Hero, SB and BB.</font>

fluff
05-06-2004, 06:56 PM
I don't think AQs is really a capping PF hand, although maybe you can do that on occasion if you sense that your opponent is LAGish.

Let go on the turn, you're probably drawing to 4 outs at the most, and possibly drawing dead.

Kluddeludde
05-06-2004, 06:59 PM
Let's see. With no read I would not cap the flop. The flop and turn calls are ok, given your gutshot. The river is a clear fold. He's on an overpair.

Kludde

FletchJr.
05-06-2004, 07:05 PM
Why do you have such weak thinking? How could i possibly be drawing to only 4 outs?
actually now that i think about it, there is not a single hand the opponent can have in which i have exactly 4 outs on the turn. I either have more, or drawing dead or drawing 4 outs for half the pot.In the case I'm drawing for 4 outs for half the pot he has to have AA.

FletchJr.
05-06-2004, 07:57 PM
Interesting, so you automatically put the 3 better preflop on an over pair? you don't htink it's possible that he has a hand such as AJ-Ak? in which case you would be splitting the pot assuming the player behind is on a draw.
I opened fairly late, i was in the CO position.

Vehn
05-07-2004, 07:20 AM
I dunno I guess I play it the same. Not much else you can do here. I cap preflop here almost all the time also.