PDA

View Full Version : $15 at TGC

namknils
05-06-2004, 05:35 PM
The Gaming Club is running an add in the classified section that offers a free $15 for signing up, no deposit required. Has anyone done this? Is there a better bonus for new accounts if say I want to deposit $500? Or not?

Gaming Club
05-07-2004, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Gaming Club is running an add in the classified section that offers a free $15 for signing up, no deposit required. Has anyone done this? Is there a better bonus for new accounts if say I want to deposit $500? Or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Currently the only bonus is $15 free. We are in the process of reviewing it tho - we're finding that it does bring in lots of fish, but they tend to stick to the teeny-weeny limits.

We do have our own ideas of what to offer instead, but we'd be happy to hear suggestions, including reference to raked hand requirements, etc.

pokerwhore
05-07-2004, 01:24 PM
rookie freeroll is good, also to offer maybe 25% deposit bonus up to $100 free on $400 deposit with say 150 to 200 raked hands to clear the bonus.

I would like to see something for veterans also,,, say cash back or loyalty freeroll or something.

my 2 cents

josie_wales
05-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Gaming Club Guy(s),

$15 free to attract new customers may work a little. But most of those will just ose it and bail.

That doesnt help *us* here who play a *lot* of poker.

As much as I have supported TGC in the past, it is difficult to play there when the wait list doesnt work (I guess it is fixed now), the LAG is up and down....Sometimes ok, sometimes poor, but never great.

Additionally, everytime we turn around one of the major sites is offering a re-load bonus of up to $150 (with most being @$100)

Try to think about the long term player when coming up with a bonus.

JW

chesspain
05-07-2004, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

...we're finding that it does bring in lots of fish, but they tend to stick to the teeny-weeny limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's certainly a nice way in which to refer to your new customers.

Hirez
05-07-2004, 02:37 PM
I agree with Josie. What about the people who have been playing at your site for over 5-6months, why not offer a reload bonus.

afterall they're the ones making you money in rake, not new customers who will play their free $15 and leave

dogsballs
05-07-2004, 02:44 PM
Yeah, 15 free is good to get people a taste and get used to playing your site, but the real attractors that'll get them loading up are teh deposit bonuses, just like most sites do regularly already.

Do that and at elast you'll get the bonus whores coming over to fill the games for a while. Just make sure you advertise and send out to more than just the hardened ho's at 2+2 and elsewhere, or it'll just be a quick bonus clearing spree. Mail out a deposit bonus just after everyone gets paid - end of month friday maybe.

I'll probably be able to get change back from that 2c worth.. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

dogsballs
05-07-2004, 02:44 PM
Yeah, 15 free is good to get people a taste and get used to playing your site, but the real attractors that'll get them loading up are teh deposit bonuses, just like most sites do regularly already.

Do that and at elast you'll get the bonus whores coming over to fill the games for a while. Just make sure you advertise and send out to more than just the hardened ho's at 2+2 and elsewhere, or it'll just be a quick bonus clearing spree. Mail out a deposit bonus just after everyone gets paid - end of month friday maybe.

I'll probably be able to get change back from that 2c worth.. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif