PDA

View Full Version : Best comeback ever!

k000k
05-06-2004, 02:02 PM
I was in a tourny on Pacific last nite, I made it to HU with the last player, and I was outchipped 400 to 3600 (9:1). I came back and won, my biggest comeback ever!

Anyone manage to crawl out of a bigger hole than that?

Anyone have any stats for win %'s if you're HU with stack sizes of x:1?

Gar Pike
05-06-2004, 03:11 PM
OK, I'll bite /images/graemlins/grin.gif

My best overall comeback is being down to T35 with 25/50 blinds and coming back to win.

Party 10+1

Of course, it was my own foolishness that got me down to 35 in the first place, and some fortuitous timing on the cards' part that I didn't blind out, but I think I did rather well, to win that one.

My best HU comeback is from 472, but that's on Party, where there are 8000 total.

'Good job' on your comeback. Winning from behind is so much nicer...

I think I remember from TPFAP that HU the odds of winning pretty much correspond to stack size ratios.

Regards

Gar

JGalt
05-06-2004, 04:15 PM
I'll bite too,

Best comeback of mine was a party 55. Final two I had somewhere in the low 400 mark. Won a couple of all-ins in a row and then took it from there. He was very shaken by the few good hands I had and started to play extremely tight. Ended up pushing him around and stealing hands. When we were about even he types "you gotta be XXXXing kidding me".

It is always a good feeling to comeback from behind, especially when you can attribute it to good play and a few good all-ins. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Congrats and hope you have many more.

bernie
05-07-2004, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone manage to crawl out of a bigger hole than that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted about having only 12 chips, blinds 100-200 with 6 players left. I came back and got 2nd. That was quite a hole to get out of.

Nice going!

b

willie838
05-07-2004, 12:38 PM
had 2 this week as a matter of fact

10+1 party sngs

lose with kings full to quad jacks and i'm down to 15 chips

ten handed, come back and take 3rd.

get my aces cracked early (didn't slowplay just got sucked out) and i'm down to 20, ten handed blinds at 10/15

i post the sb of 10, go all in with kq offsuit and double up, play well and end up comin back to win it.

there is a lot of luck involved in comin back from that big of a deficit though.... but you have to play really really well too. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gar Pike
05-12-2004, 11:39 PM
just won a $10+1. Heads-Up and down to 272 chips (29.something:1), with 500/1000 blinds. 8 hands later, I have them all. That was one of the toughest $10 SnGs I've seen lately. we didn't get to the money 'till the blinds were 200/400.

Thank you guys for sharing your insights, I've been playing poker since the 70's but I have never been all that good. I read these forums every day at lunch break, and my game has improved exponentially, shall we say. I never would have won this without the knowledge I've picked up here.

Regards,

Gar

mackthefork
05-13-2004, 07:52 AM
I've comeback from T20 with 3 left in a 10 play on Pacific blinds of 100/200 to win.

Best I've seen was a guy was down to T10 in a Party 10+1 NL with 8 players left he won too, I was a big chip leader at the time 2500 or something like, he ended up knocking me out in 4th. It only took him about 3 hands to get back to 700 because nearly everyone was playing his all ins. I always get out of the way when someone wants to knock out a short stack unless I have a very strong hand, other people don't seem to understand this idea and bluff at me when they have nothing.

Tapped
05-13-2004, 08:07 AM
I've got you all beat.

I was down to 5, count'em, 5 chips in a 10+1 SNG, and there were 6 people left.

I joked to everyone and said, alright! I'll win the next 8 hands to beat you all.

I won the next hand, and I laughed, '7 more!'.

The count down continued. 'only 6 more', 'lol 5 more!'. I won ELEVEN hands in a row and won the tournament. I was laughing so hard I could barely play.

T0asty
05-14-2004, 05:49 AM
This deff isn't the best come back seen here but it sure was sweet. I had ran out of ciggs and started a tourney before i remembered so i announced "i'm off to the store" clicked away, grabbed my car keys and off i went. I came back and started chatting to someone, i then remembered the tourney and returned to the game to see t350. I announced i was back and within 3 mins was back in the game on t1200 /images/graemlins/smile.gif It was like the game had saved all my best hands for my return. I also went on to win, made me feel like a King /images/graemlins/laugh.gif