PDA

View Full Version : A couple of short ones

Guido
05-06-2004, 01:18 PM
<font color="blue"> Hand 1 </font>

The SB in this hand calls any two for any amount. He also calls the flop way too much. How would you play this one?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Guido is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Guido calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, Guido checks.

Turn: (1.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Guido folds, SB folds.

<font color="blue"> Hand 2 </font>

Preflop: Guido is BB with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Guido checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (2.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, Button folds.

How would you play?

<font color="blue"> Hand 3 </font>
Same question...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Guido is UTG with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, Guido calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, CO folds, BB folds.

<font color="blue"> Hand 4</font>
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Guido is Button with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 (poster) calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Guido calls, SB calls, BB folds.

<font color="blue"> Hand 5 </font>

Preflop: Guido is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, UTG+1 folds.

I would like your opinion on all of these hands. Which one would you slowplay? Do you like my calls? How would you play them?

Thanks,

Guido

Trix
05-06-2004, 01:37 PM
1) raise preflop. You happily take Any2 Heads up with A8.
Bet the flop if you think you will take it down more than 1/3 of the time. Since noone raised preflop, they have no reason to think that you are stealing.

2) Perfect, slowplaying is for suckers!

3) Same, dont let them chase cheap for that gutshot, trips/twopair.

4) Itīs fine, there is a 75/150 hand in mid high with about the same action just ATs. I think elysium says 3bet, but I doubt that itīs worth it in 2/4.

5) Would you ever not bet that HU after raising preflop ?
If you stop betting with the good hands, they will start calling when you bet with AK. Checking might give him a flushdraw, so it cant be good. He will probably call down with a 6 or a PP. Bet bet bet.

adanthar
05-07-2004, 01:05 AM
1)Raise PF. Bet the flop.

2)Rather than bet the turn, I sometimes try to CR it here. Often enough, they take the check for AK and bet into you (and when they do, they often even call the raise.)

3)If it was rainbow, I'd call and raise the turn. Here, this is fine.

4)I fold that here. If UTG+1 is tight, I also fold AJo/ATs.

5)If you're not already behind, the most outs he could have on the rainbow flop is 3. Given that, I think you can give him a freebie to catch his second best hand and raise the turn.

...I sure do slowplay/CR a lot lately.

Guido
05-07-2004, 07:27 AM
Another one:

Preflop: Guido is Button with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, Guido folds, SB calls, UTG+2 folds.

Chobohoya
05-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Hi Guido:

Hand 1: I think I would have raised preflop. Then bet about half the time on the flop. Fold looks fine on the turn.

Hand 2: Pretty standard, don't seem much to change unless the button has a habit of betting aggressively after the flop. If so, check-call the flop, then check raise the turn. He'll probably bet again because your "draw" didn't get there.

Hand 3: Pretty standard, though I can't believe they folded the flop that easy after capping it. Must have been a great table.

Hand 4: 3 cold callers in front of you, on the button? Call and feel great.

Hand 5: Standard, don't slowplay that. Either you won't get any action anyways, or you're giving him infinite odds to hit some miracle.

(edit cause my grammar is terrible)