PDA

View Full Version : A funny thing happened on the way to the True Poker Bonus

Sarge85
05-06-2004, 11:30 AM
(This is an email I sent my friends about my session last night - I find it hilarious, and an accurate reflection of online poker)

Working off TruePoker's Bonus last night and in my second hand of my session I get AA in the SB.

TruePoker being what it is, everyone and their neighbor limped into the pot. I raised my Aces.

Flop came something to the effect of 3h 9c 4d.

I bet and I think I get 5 callers.

Turn was 8h

I bet and think i get called in two places now

The river was like the Jh or something, anyway it was another heart...(you see where this is going....) I bet and get called, and then raised by the button. Normally I would have raised, but it hard to thing this person stayed this far with just a Jack or something, so I'm choose to just call. As exepected she shows my 5h 6h. UGG. So Aces get cracked at the river, no big deal right...happens what seems like all the time. Anyway, the following coversation took place:

Button: "Sorry"
Me: "No worries, that's poker right"
Button: "I was going for the Straight Flush"
Me:(I silently chuckle to myself)

Now, there is also a piece to the story you must know. If you've ever played with me at the same table, I have a specific habit of sitting down with much more needed that a comfortable buy-in. At TruePoker, it's even worse, basically if you don't change anything, you can sit down with your cumulative bankroll that you've won. I had a very large stack for a $1/$2 game. The conversation continues ---

Button: "Nice stack, How'd you get $XXX.00"

Normally I don't berate players, and I don't think my next comment was berating-

Me: "From people chasing straight flushes"

A few people at the table all typed "LOL", including the Button. Her folowing comment was:

Button: "Not from playing at the $1/$2 tables"
Me: (Another silent chuckle....if she only knew)

And it's too bad, cause she left, and then about a half hour later *THIS* hand took place.

Sarge is Dealt A/images/graemlins/club.gifA/images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG Raises 2, Sarge re-raises 3, MP1 Folds, MP2 Folds, MP3 Folds, CO calls 3 SB Calls 2, BB Folds, UTG Caps, Sarge Calls, CO Calls, SB Calls

Flop [A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/heart.gif](15 SB’s $15.00)

SB Folds (*boggle*)UTG Bets 1, Sarge Calls, (Hoping to keep CO interested) CO Folds (oh well)

Turn [A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/heart.gif][K/images/graemlins/spade.gif] (8 BBs $18)
UTG Bets 2, Sarge raises 4, UTG Raises 4 Sarge Raises 4 (capped), UTG Calls

(Ok at this point there is exactly one hand that beats me… I decided to pay full price to see it *IF* he has it)

River [A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif][5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] (17 BBs $34)

UTG Bets 2, Sarge Raises 4, UTG Calls 2.

Final Pot 21 BBs $42

OK – Here’s the grand finale….
UTG shows [2/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif]!!! for a straight
Sarge shows [A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif] for Aces Full of Kings.

(Does anyone find it ironic that UTG slowed down only after he hit his hand??)

So yes - you can accumlate a large stack, even at low limit poker

Sarge /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

sfer
05-06-2004, 11:42 AM
Hey Sarge, I'm working off bonuses at True too. Am I the only one creeped out by playing at tables with several Austin Powers (Powerses?) and aliens?

Ralph Wiggum
05-06-2004, 12:08 PM
Hand 1:
Your opponent is either really dumb, or she was just acting like an idiot. She lost her straight flush draw by the turn.

elindauer
05-06-2004, 12:17 PM
I'm sure that comment meant she had both a straight draw and a flush draw, not truly a straight flush draw. In fact, the 4h5h played the hand perfectly well IMO. If anything, she should have gotten a raise in on the flop. In her place, I'd have cracked those aces too, and cost hero even more, and I'm hardly your run-of-the-mill low limit fish.

my 2 cents.
Eric