PDA

View Full Version : Guess my opponents hand

Freudian
05-06-2004, 10:43 AM
I had no read whatsoever on MP2 at the time (later found out he was somewhat loose and quite passive preflop).

I am in BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Preflop folded to MP2 who calls, CO calls, I raise, both call.

Flop is: Q/images/graemlins/club.gifA/images/graemlins/diamond.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, MP2 raise, CO fold, I call (figured I would get him on the turn instead of scare him off the flop).

Turn is: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (oh, think I'll checkraise here, if he has an Ace he will bet, if he doesn't he might try to steal if I check here. If I bet there is a good chance he will fold, which wouldn't be nice. No obvious flush or straight draws either)

I check, MP3 checks (doh!)

River is: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, MP2 raise, I re-raise, MP3 caps, I call.

So here is your mission, should you accept it. Guess the hand MP3 had. I'll give you 6 options to make it easier.

a). 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/club.gif
b). A/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
c). A/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/heart.gif
d). A/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif
e). 6/images/graemlins/club.gif6/images/graemlins/heart.gif
f). Q/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

ZootMurph
05-06-2004, 10:46 AM
e is my choice. His checking the turn then capping the river makes it a pretty good bet.

Sam T.
05-06-2004, 12:30 PM
A. He's horrible. (My assumption going in was that you are posting this in part for entertainment value.)

Bubbagump
05-06-2004, 12:47 PM
It's got to be E. Of all the options, this is the only hand I can see him not betting the turn with after you check.

Bubbagump

DoctorDrew
05-06-2004, 12:54 PM
I would say E, but then why is he raising this flop?

D and F would have raised pf. C makes no sense the way he played.

So, that leaves A and B. Playing A this way seems a little retarded, so I am going to say B and a chopped pot.

Festus22
05-06-2004, 01:00 PM
I'll say f.

That just smells about right.

dfscott
05-06-2004, 01:08 PM
I'm thinking QQ.

3rdEye
05-06-2004, 01:10 PM
I think that the lack of a preflop raise eliminates at least D and F. The raise on the flop should hopefully eliminate E, but could be a stupid attempt at a bluff. The check on the turn is weird, but I think it at least eliminates A, since he would have a boat at this point. I also think it eliminates AQ and AT. The action on the river leads me to believe he might just have had 66.

I have no luck reading this sort of player, though.

easypete
05-06-2004, 01:29 PM
I say A.

I agree that the check on the turn is wierd for this, but he limps pf, raised on the flop. He might have raised for a reason... Trips is good.

Now the turn.... he got his boat. He checks, because somewhere in some book, someone said to slowplay a boat because the deck is cold for the other players (give your opponent another card to catch up). This explains the action on the river.

Freudian
05-06-2004, 04:01 PM
Answer: <font color="white">He had D) AhKs

The only explanation for his play was that he must have gotten so convinced on the turn that he had me beat that he switched from 'win the pot' to 'get another bet out of that guy', figuring I would fold to a turn-bet but would try to steal on the river if it was checked through. And still had that mentality when i raised him on the river.</font>