PDA

View Full Version : River Bluff Raise

Philuva
05-06-2004, 01:23 AM
The old river bluff raise move.... I think I gave up on it about a year ago and that has proved to be a very profitable move on my part. But a hand came up tonight that seemed ripe for the taking.

Party $15-$30. BB seems pretty ABC so far.

Folded around to me on the button. I raise with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB folds and BB calls.

Flop is 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif. BB checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn is 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. BB checks, I bet, he chek raises. Now, I am almost positve he has the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in his hand, so my thought is to call the CR and raise the river if no diamond falls, if a diamond falls, I am obviously calling in case my read is wrong.

River is 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

BB bets, I raise.

Thoughts???

risen
05-06-2004, 08:36 AM
I like it, even if it doesn't work this time, that's good advertising. Of course it will only work outright if your opponent can't beat your represented trips. One quibble though, What makes you think he had the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif from the BB. I'm leaning more towards a crappy 9 or a crappy flush.

Philuva
05-06-2004, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What makes you think he had the A from the BB. I'm leaning more towards a crappy 9 or a crappy flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he check raises the flop with a crappy 9 or a flush draw.

I think he just calls the flop with over cards, or even just an A, and especially the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. When he picked up the flush draw on the turn, he went for the CR semi-bluff.

risen
05-06-2004, 02:56 PM
The 9 came on the turn, it looked like the standard Player A bets top pair on the flop, player B Cr's the turned better pair, player A pulls magical trips out of his butt on the river to me. If I didn't know your hand of course.

Philuva
05-06-2004, 04:34 PM
He folded to my river raise so I don't know what he had. I would like to think my read was 100% right though as it makes me feel like a good poker player. But he probably had 8T or something. If he folded a 9, I feel really good about my play, but I don't think that is possible on Party.