PDA

View Full Version : 11266 hand checkup. Anyone see any serious problems out of those stats

Cannes
05-05-2004, 11:48 PM
Hey everyone
I've been playing poker for a couple of months now, read a book, couple of articles and quite a few hands here on the forums and seem to be doing ok at party 1/2. Anyway here are my stats from PT:
total hands: 11266
saw flop all hands: 26.37%
saw flop not a blind: 18.77%
folded SB to steal: 78.38%
folded BB to steal: 69.70%
fold BB to steal HU: 61.7%
won $ when saw flop: 31.77%
amount won: $945.19
BB won per 100 hands: 4.19
went to showdown: 29.82%
won $ at SD: 57.22%
raises pre-flop: 11.47%
limp reraise: 0.00% /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
first action of flop after pf raise:
raise: 6.04%
bet: 61.69%
call: 11.53%
check: 8.36%
check/raise: 0.00% /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
fold: 6.81%
No flop: 5.42%
aggression:
pre-flop: 0.88
flop: 1.73
turn: 2.40
river: 2.61
total: 1.45

folded to river bet: 60.05%
when folds hands:
no fold: 12.52%, pf: 72.86%, flop: 8.04%, turn: 4.16%, river: 2.42%

Anyone able to read anything out of those stats?

thanks in advance

- Peter

Non_Comformist
05-05-2004, 11:59 PM
Impressive,

Two things that I noticed which I would not classify as leaks but maybe somehting to look at.

You are little looser than me PF but it seems to be working for you because of your aggression 11% PF raises. This is much higher than I normally see. Would love hear what others think here.

Also folded to a river bet 60% seems high but perhaps these are made up of mostly missed draws?

Cannes
05-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Alot of the 60% folded to river bet are definitely missed draws in one way or another. I tend to also push AK, AQ and the like strongly eventhough the flop missed, to see if I can possibly buy the pot, which does work quite often (I hope) or to gain momentum if my hand improves on turn and river... if it doesn't improve by the river I sometimes check/fold, sometimes give a steal another chance.

daveymck
05-06-2004, 08:27 AM
At 1/2 pushing overcards post flop is going to lose you more money than the odd time that it manages to buy the pot.

If the boards ragged and you are up against one or 2 players then maybe have a stab at it but up against multiple opponants you are wasting money on bluffs.

daveymck
05-06-2004, 08:30 AM
Other thing is from those stats and win rate you probably should try moving up a level.

Also read up on when you should be check raising and slowplaying.

Tha Dvde
05-06-2004, 09:32 AM
You make exactly the same mistakes I did for the first few live games I played.
1) Your game is far too loose, please read Sklansky and Malmuth, Hold 'em Poker For Advanced Players and adhere to the start card standards.
2) There is no deception in your game. Your hands aren't respected because you're to loose, that's why you can steal the blinds, people shy away from your reckless aggression. The other players don't respect your play enough to fear a check raise.
3) You throw good money after bad. If you don't make your hand or a solid multiway draw on the flop, fold.

D.H.
05-06-2004, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your game is far too loose

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you just talking about his flop/post-flop play or do you think that his "saw flop all hands" percentage is way too high too?

[ QUOTE ]
There is no deception in your game. Your hands aren't respected because you're to loose, that's why you can steal the blinds, people shy away from your reckless aggression. The other players don't respect your play enough to fear a check raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Still, you have to admit that his aggressive play seems to work for him. A BB/100 above 4 is very good.

I think it would be interesting to see a new post after another 11000 hands to see if you can keep your high BB/100 with the same strategy.

Tha Dvde
05-06-2004, 10:49 AM
I think the "saw flop all hands" percentage is way to high.
That type of aggression is well and good for online play, I myself use it in 3/6 games at Pacific. The strategy just won't hold up in live play, it will work twice, and never again.

Hallett
05-06-2004, 03:00 PM
Is there an easy way to take these numbers out of Poker Tracker, or do you have to type them all out.....

Thanks

Hallett
05-06-2004, 03:53 PM
I had thought I was doing pretty well, though new to poker. I have read a number of books, and do quite well in the local B&M, where I am considered a tight, good player. I bought Poker Traker in November, and have moved up levels as I thought I improved. A comparison of your numbers with mine has shocked me. I am loose passive online. I have to figure out why, as it does differ from my live games. At my local 6/12, I get just over 2.5 BB/hr. I don't duplicate that online, and comparing the numbers has helped a lot.

Cannes
05-06-2004, 05:37 PM
I didn't find any easy way to get them out, so I just typed them...