PDA

View Full Version : Runs like these make people think the internet is rigged

FletchJr.
05-05-2004, 09:33 PM
These are some BRITAL hands i just got today, 3 of them in less then an hour. Talk about Party making it hard on me when im trying to move up here.

Here's the first: a typical 2 outer.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: PUNK is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $3.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">PUNK 3-bets</font>, MP3 (poster) folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">PUNK bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">PUNK bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, MP1 calls, PUNK calls.

River: (15 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
MP1 checks, PUNK checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP1 shows Ac Qs (full house, queens full of kings).
PUNK shows Ad As (two pair, aces and kings).
CO shows 7h 7s (two pair, kings and queens).
Outcome: MP1 wins 15 BB. </font>

Here's the 2nd, a total nightmare
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: PUNK is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">PUNK raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">PUNK bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
PUNK checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, PUNK calls.

River: (10.16 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
PUNK checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">PUNK caps</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 23.16 BB

PUNK shows Kd Kc (full house, kings full of tens).
UTG+2 shows Ac As (full house, aces full of tens).
MP2 shows Qc 9s (straight, ace high).
Outcome: UTG+2 wins 23.16 BB. </font>

the 3rd is indescribable
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: PUNK is UTG with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
PUNK calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, PUNK calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, PUNK calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (17.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
PUNK checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">PUNK 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, PUNK calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (16.66 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">PUNK bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (20.66 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">PUNK bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">PUNK 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls $3 (All-In), MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 30.16 BB

PUNK shows 6s 6d (full house, sixes full of threes).
MP2 shows 3c 3s (four of a kind, threes).
MP3 shows Ks Kc (two pair, kings and threes).
Outcome: MP2 wins 29.16 BB. PUNK wins 1 BB. </font>

Words cannot express my pain lol

I'll post another hand later with which i had troubles with.

bisonbison
05-05-2004, 09:40 PM
It happens.

ddubois
05-05-2004, 09:55 PM
I had the opposite run last night at party with 2/4. In about less than 6 orbits I had 5 full houses. (I lie, it was only 4, because one of them I folded preflop. But it was funny the deck kept hitting me even when I wasn't playing.) Another one of them I made on the turn and everyone folded to my bet, so I didn't get to showdown.

I also had more than my share of KK and QQ (but not all of those held up), and at least one backdoor and one gutshot hit.

Somehow I only ended up $90 though. I guess I lost alot with TPTK, as usual.

sfer
05-05-2004, 11:14 PM
I love these posts.

sfer
05-05-2004, 11:17 PM
Hand 2 sucks, but you should be happy UTG+2/MP2 didn't take more out of your hide. They should have extracted 3 more BBs preflop and on the flop and several on the turn.

FletchJr.
05-06-2004, 12:10 AM
Ohh i was very pleased the AA played his hand like a moron. The only thing is i wasn't very happy when my 3rd nut hand on the river didn't win. /images/graemlins/frown.gif i mean c'mon i got an overfull house here on that crazy board. I was 97% sure i had the winner the way the betting went.

bisonbison
05-06-2004, 12:12 AM
I love these posts.

And I love making them.

Bad beat posts, rigged-site posts, good-run posts, bad-run posts, this-is-impossible posts, mega-fish posts, and all other types of feel-bad-for-me posts and so on belong in the general forum or the zoo where I don't have to read them.

If you're ready to play 2/4 online, you're ready to accept that variance is the creamy center of the poker twinkie.

chesspain
05-06-2004, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're ready to play 2/4 online, you're ready to accept that variance is the creamy center of the poker twinkie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bison,

I love it when you talk dirty.

Chris Daddy Cool
05-06-2004, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bad beat posts, rigged-site posts, good-run posts, bad-run posts, this-is-impossible posts, mega-fish posts, and all other types of feel-bad-for-me posts and so on belong in the general forum or the zoo where I don't have to read them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truer words have never been spoken.

I love your poker twinkie analogy.

bisonbison
05-06-2004, 12:27 AM
Chess, sometimes a light brown colored cylinder filled with delicious creamy goodness is just a light brown colored cylinder filled with delicious creamy goodness.

sfer
05-06-2004, 07:50 AM
I think you meant "spongy flesh colored tube filled with delicious creamy goodness."

chesspain
05-06-2004, 08:01 AM
LOAO (my wife was standing behind me /images/graemlins/grin.gif).

Freudian
05-06-2004, 08:09 AM
It happens. After running great for 2 weeks I have lost insane amounts the last 4 days. Seems every big pot I am ahead on the flop/turn people catch a straight/flush on the river and nail me. I have hardly caught any sets on the flop and the vast majority of good straight/flush draw miss etc.

Sometimes you just get the ugly side of randomness, and it feels like everything that can possibly go wrong do. It is no conspiracy, but to be expected.