PDA

View Full Version : Would you make this fold?

Pil Sung Do
05-05-2004, 08:56 PM
No reads on the players in this hand.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (7.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 13.50 BB, between UTG and SB.</font>

balkii
05-05-2004, 09:05 PM
I probably would have raised the flop.
I DEFINITELY would not have checked on the turn.

You underrepresented your hand, and now you don't know where you are at. I would call down, if I thought I could get to showdown reasonably cheap (not trapped in a raising war).

Pil Sung Do
05-05-2004, 09:10 PM
I intended to c/r the turn, but chickened out with the bet and c/r behind me.

asdf1234
05-05-2004, 09:22 PM
Raise the flop, bet the turn. Since you didn't, you're in a bad situation where you don't really know where you are in the hand. What did you put the SB on? Could he really have a 2 in this situation in a raised pot?

Huskiez
05-05-2004, 09:24 PM
I agree with balkii. I think you have to raise this flop. You definitely will find out whether SB has a 2 I think, or at least by the turn you will if he check raises you or bets into you. You're almost definitely ahead of UTG. Given that SB check raised UTG on the turn, I'd probably fold.

The plan with the check raise of UTG is not the best I don't think. He probably will only bet with a Q, but instead of check raising him why not bet into him? He'll likely raise, and you can 3-bet.

I'm guessing UTG had AQ, while SB had 2x (suited).

balkii
05-05-2004, 09:27 PM
Um...You have 1 player left to act behind you, who has done nothing in the hand so far but call. What makes you think he is going to bet here?

Also, if either of your opponents could have a 2 in their hand, I do not like checkraising because I would not like to be 3-bet here. I also do not want to give a free card to two people who are probably drawing thin, but will still call.

Pil Sung Do
05-05-2004, 10:35 PM
Um...You have 1 player left to act behind you, who has done nothing in the hand so far but call. What makes you think he is going to bet here?

The fact that he raised UTG preflop and it was checked to him on the turn. That may have been the only thing that I got right on this hand (well, other than the preflop raise). He did bet. I just wasn't expecting the c/r from the SB.

I admit I royally screwed up this hand. I'm really glad I posted this because at the time I didn't realize I played it so weak.

Combine that with the fact that both players turned out to be huge LAG's. SB had 44, UTG had Qxo (no two pair).

I tilted away about 10 BB after the SB sucked out my AA on the river against me a few hands later.

I still have tons of trouble with LAG's. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

sfer
05-05-2004, 11:11 PM
I'm in agreement here. Another reason for calling down is that it certainly looks like you're miles ahead of UTG.

Joe Tall
05-06-2004, 08:57 AM
Terrible fold.

The only hand I could put the SB on would be 66, and if he flopped full, so be it. Highly doubtful that anyone has the duece in this situation.

Follow though and 3-bet OR raise the flop/bet the turn.

Peace,
Joe Tall

balkii
05-06-2004, 01:39 PM
Well I misread the hand, and forgot that he had raised preflop. However, his lack of aggression on the flop would make me think he more likely has a hand that needs a free card than a hand that should be bet.

Also should give you less reason to fear a deuce in his hand (although I did have my AA cracked the other day by A2o who capped preflop - you never know at party....).