PDA

View Full Version : Is he a tricky little snot?

Brian
05-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Party 3/6. Table is loose passive. I am dealt 88 (suits irrelevent in this hand) on the Button. EP limps, MP limps. My notes on MP are "Typical loose goose, chases to the River yadda yadda. Also likes to check-raise." I limp along. SB completes, BB checks. 5 to the Flop, 2.5bb.

Flop: JJ2r

Checked to me and I bet. Everyone else folds back to MP who calls. 2 to the Turn, 3.5bb.

Turn: 6x

He checks, I bet, he raises. Well? Do you buy it?

-Brian

balkii
05-05-2004, 07:08 PM
Sometimes in these situations, I will fold the first time, and get ready to call down the next time.

I would probably fold here. Although I do see a TON of paired board turn checkraise bluffing at party 3/6, what usually gives them away is that their play on previous streets doesnt match up with the hand they are representing. In this case, I think it does.

Joe826
05-05-2004, 07:32 PM
I would probably fold this also. The thing that really gives it away is that these type of players generally don't want to risk *too* much on a bluff, so they'll checkraise the flop and if they get 3-bet back off or fold right there. I have noticed that the same players that will bluff at paired boards also like to slowplay trips when they actually have them. If you think he is capable of putting on the better bluff, then you might call down, it all just depends on your read.

Trix
05-05-2004, 09:22 PM
If I cant fold to the CR then I dont bet in the first place.

Most of the loose-passive players I´ve played with has the J here.

asdf1234
05-05-2004, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I cant fold to the CR then I dont bet in the first place

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.